1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

A.G. Russell Leather Book Weight

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by davem, Feb 7, 2011.

davem Loaded Pockets

Got my new A.G. Russell Catalog today and this caught my eye: Leather Book Weight. It's designed to hold the pages open on your book so you can keep your hands free. It's stitched leather with weights on either end. 8.5" long, 1.75" wide, weights 4.8 oz. Pretty nice. Here's a link to the item on their website: http://www.agrussell.com/product.asp?pn=BYB-D1430
    Looks like an easy deep pocket carry--one never knows when one might need to do a little hands-free reading...
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Pockets

Try explaining that to cop! But its just to hold my book open officer, don't think they would buy it! Carry inside a book maybe!!
    • +1 Supporter

Rawls Loaded Pockets

This is like the brass knuckles sold as a belt buckle. It is a sap. Everyone knows it, including the cop arresting you for carrying it.

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Don't have a link to the article. This happened awhile back. A woman who frequently flew with one, and actually used it only on her books, was stopped during one trip to the airport. They confiscated it, and she's likely to face charges. The woman wasn't indignant about the whole thing. (Though she should have been.) She was apologetic and even cried after taken into custody. Looks like the screeners did a great job of convincing her that she was packing an evil weapon all this time.

*insert eye-roll smilie here*

popedandy Loaded Pockets

It's a legitimate item. I doubt a couple of ounces of weight - which I assume is all you'd have since the weight is split between both ends - would do much more than annoy someone if you smacked them with it. They sell the same thing at bookstores - not as fancy as the A.G. Russell version, but the same thing.

I'm pretty sure the lady who got busted by TSA was a schoolteacher in Florida, and after stressing her out for a couple of weeks they decided not to press charges.

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Took me a while to dig it up because it happened in 2004, but still very disheartening that this is what things have come to.

Tourist's crime? Toting bookmark

Found along the way:

NEW TSA OUTRAGE: FINES UP TO $10,000

"Dominate. Intimidate. Control."

:'( :sigh:

ATB,
    Sam

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the assist. I'm very surprised it happened that long ago. Could have sworn it was sooner.

Thanks again.

davem Loaded Pockets

TSA are a bunch of indiscriminate, uneducated thugs arresting a schools teacher with a bookmark. What's next? Arrest a disabled person in a wheelchair for traveling in a weapon made out of metal? Idiots.....It's bad enough these troglodytes have been granted carte blanche to stare at our wives' and daughters' private parts and feel them-up at will...legalized pedophilia in many cases....disgusting.

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Having worked in the security industry for nearly 5 years, all I have to say is . . . You're 100% right.