1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have experienced the new iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by dabluestuff, Sep 21, 2014.

1. SAKplumber
    • The Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I saw a new song report about that. ^^

2. Hi its me

Hi its me Loaded Pockets

That video was about as stupid as they come.
    Still sad they had Apple people saying it wasn't possible after they bent them up lol
    That's why I don't trust people that sell stuff...

3. K2-Kevin

K2-Kevin Loaded Pockets

Will it bend is the new will it blend. There are a lot of stupid people in our world, glad most own android devices.

So wrong.... I know. Joking

4. K2-Kevin

K2-Kevin Loaded Pockets

Apparently the heat has gotten to the teens, as one of them has issued a profane and half hearted, though seemingly terrified apology...

If you've never heard a smart, in-over-their-head teenager try to smooth talk their way out of a bad situation, this is one of the best examples you'll find online. No word yet on if the police have contacted them.

Tromba likes this.
  5. Cheeser
    • The Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

Agreed, if you want a great camera buy a camera, iphone are at the level of the smaller pocket digital cameras, its not a DSLR nor should it be expected to be. iPhone makes for a decent camera for holiday snaps and birthday photos :)

6. K2-Kevin

K2-Kevin Loaded Pockets

I know a lot of people that no longer own a camera and use a smartphone camera as there primary. For those people, I'm sure the cameras performance is nice, but still not a deal breaker. iPhone is still the most used camera in the world, which is crazy, but you can see why phone makers make a big deal about camera specs.

Nothing will replace large/good glass on a DSLR, but I am always amazed how nice my iPhone 5 photos print.

7. M4Lki3r
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • The Omnia Paratus

M4Lki3r Loaded Pockets

Had my 6+ now for a few days. I'm enjoying it. My past phone purchases have been 3GS, 4, 5, and now 6+. Wife is rocking the 5 now as she managed to crack the 4 screen.

I've never put an iPhone in a case and never had a screen crack or problem with them so I probably will not put the 6+ in a case either.

First impressions. It's a big phone. I probably won't recommend it (6+) to normal users as it is just very big. One of the reasons I got it was for the battery life. For the past few days I've been kind of stress testing the battery. WiFi on, Bluetooth on, almost constant use all day (streaming Pandora via bluetooth to a jambox and my car, driving directions, internet browsing, light gaming, etc). So far, it lasts all day without a re-charge (7am until 9pm). It is a little weird to talk on the phone with it. It's a big brick against my face.

8. K2-Kevin

K2-Kevin Loaded Pockets

Hey Beatlejuice... I have always thought my friend looked hilarious with his large Note against his face, but I'm sure you will get used to it. I think I may go with the iPhone 6 in the next month or two. I would have it now if Jailbreak was out.

[​IMG]

9. M4Lki3r
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • The Omnia Paratus

M4Lki3r Loaded Pockets

Most of the time now, if I see someone actually on the phone, it is with in-ears and a microphone on the wire. At my desk, I have it connected via bluetooth to my Jambox and it makes a great speaker/conference call since I can mute the mic and still listen into the conversation while typing or pulling up contact info on the phone.

10. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

From the web, this interesting news regarding the iPhone 6/6+.

Anyone here had hair or a beard pulled by the new iPhones?

K2-Kevin and Doraemon like this.
  11. K2-Kevin

K2-Kevin Loaded Pockets

Norelco designed the outer casing, so that makes perfect sense.

dml24 likes this.
  12. tstaut

tstaut Loaded Pockets

My son has the 6+. I thought I wanted one until I saw his. I can't imagine carrying that thing around. I guess we'll all get used to the phablet sizes over time, but I'm not there yet!

13. M4Lki3r
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • The Omnia Paratus

M4Lki3r Loaded Pockets

I've yet to have this problem in the 2 weeks I've had the phone. I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to force this problem to occur and could not get it to happen. I feel this is along the same lines as the 'bend problem' and that the news agencies need something to write about on a slow day.

K2-Kevin likes this.
  14. K2-Kevin

K2-Kevin Loaded Pockets

And for you Android Fans... Yes, all metal and plastic phones will bend, metal just doesn't spring back into shape like plastic. DUH!

The iPhone 6 may have bendgate, but the note 4 has bendgate and gapgate. Geezzz

Hi its me likes this.
  15. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

Quite right, any smartphone will bend. That's why clumsy me has a Note 2 in an Otterbox Defender case. I use the supplied holster/clip, yes I know it's prone to break, but most holsters have that bad genetic trait, (plasitc). I also do not like anything larger than my keys and key carrier in my pockets. That's why the smartphone lives on the holster even at home.

Not that there are not ruggedized versions of popular smartphone. Samsung started it's Activ series of smartphones, that started with the Galaxy S4.

Here are some commments regarding the current Activ Galaxy S5:

K2-Kevin likes this.
  16. K2-Kevin

K2-Kevin Loaded Pockets

I still remember this tread... And you complained about iPhone bending in your back pocket? Samsung will catch fire, blow up, and is no longer allowed on airplanes. LOL

TKC likes this.