1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Buck CrossLock 180

Discussion in 'Knives' started by N1XIO, Apr 18, 2011.

N1XIO Loaded Pockets

I bought this knife in 1995 for abt $65. It has always been my main EDC knife. Many times I've tried other knives but always go back to this one. I love the style, the smoothness in opening, and the simpleness in design.

[IMG]

Has anybody else ever used one of these? What are your opinions?

Jerry
    ------------------------------------------
    Be part of the solution, not part
    of the problem.

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I tried one out years ago. Honestly, the thumbstud took skin off of my thumb.

N1XIO Loaded Pockets

Ouch! Sorry, I never had that problem with this knife. Was there a burr on the thumbstud?

Jerry
    of the problem.

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I checked for that, but couldn't find one. Even after feeling for it. I do recall trying it out very shortly after Buck released it. Perhaps they improved the thumbstud on later models.

StuntZombie Loaded Pockets

The ones I handled seemed to have quite a bit of blade play when open, and I wasn't a fan of how the pocket clip was set up.

gdwtvb Loaded Pockets

I have a single bladed buck crosslock. I got it right when they first came out and I was real excited about it. After a couple days the thumbstud fell out. A little super glue and I was back in business. After carrying it a couple weeks it closed on my fingers. I only got a minor cut, and I never bothered to figure out exactly why the lock failed but is was immediately thrown into a toolbox and relegated to beater status. I still use it occassionally to do things like scrape tape or gaskets off. I never trust a knife once the lock fails, no matter the reason.

Grizz

phillipsted Empty Pockets

I have a Crosslock identical to yours. Great knife - tough and smooth to open. It has been sitting in my knife bin for years and years. I used it as a yard and camping knife for a few years.

So I took it out last weekend, gave it a nice 30 degree bevel and sharpened it up to a mirror sheen. I then gifted it to my youngest son, who is going to Cub Scout camp this summer.

TedP

N1XIO Loaded Pockets

Thanks! I still love my Crosslock, however I need to replace it because the blade is over 3 in. I now use my Spyderco Persistance for my ESC. Now my Crosslock remains with by BOB.

Jerry
    of the problem.

Prybry Loaded Pockets

I carry my Crosslock 180DB everyday... I love the dual functionality of a plain drop point on one side and a fully searated wharnclif on the other.
    I managed to pick up 8 of them for $16 a piece when Buck discontinued it for their newest alpha version... they are just not the same.

I modified mine, took the clip off and used a dremel tool to open up the thumb stud slots so it's easier to open.
    Prybry

gaijin Loaded Pockets