1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Can't Find Seiko SNA 027/139/141 - Can You Help

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Bolster, Mar 7, 2008.

Bolster Loaded Pockets

I am looking to purchase a Seiko watch, model SNA027 or SNA139 or SNA141, but can't find them for sale in the USA. Seems every time I find one, it's in the UK. As you know, the exchange rate is so bad for the dollar right now, I just can't afford to purchase one from England.

Can you help me find a USA source?

Also, any info on these watches? I'm not certain what the differences among the different models are, but here's my guess:

SNA027 stainless steel?
    SNA139 titanium with black band?
    SNA141 titanium with green band?

Thanks for your help

Bolster Loaded Pockets

Re: Can't Find Seiko SNA 027/139/141

Here's a photo:

[IMG]

fshalor Loaded Pockets

Funny, I actually spent months searching for a similar style, but without the alarm.

I've seen all three models in past months at Chronograph.com (not us vendor, but a fair dealer.)

Amazon has the SNA 139 right now. (Different band, same watch.)

PMWF seems to be out.

The only reason why I never went with the alarm models is I really needed a chrono to go more than 2 hours. (Almost all the stuff I need it for has to be dowm to 30 second accuracy for 5 minutes elapsed time and then to the minute at between 2 hours and 3 hours. )

I went with the Seiko Afie MN SND 727 , but prefered the style of your choices (cleaner military dial.)

And I discovered the joy of mechanical's and hope to land an auto chrono in a few years. ;)

deeker Loaded Pockets

dilbert Empty Pockets

Are there any currently manufactured watches that are similar in style and price to the Seiko SNA139/SNA141? I'm really bummed that this watch is discontinued. I like that it is titanium, but I could settle for stainless if it looks nice. I was looking at the SGG711, but I like the chronograph and alarm on the SNA139.

dilbert Empty Pockets

Update: I ended up ordering the Seiko SNK809K. It's stainless and doesn't have the chrono, but it is an automatic and has a bead blasted finish. I really like the face with the minutes on the outside circle and hours inside. I think I'll get a zulu band for it then I can have both metal and nylon bands to choose from.