1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Case Sodbuster vs GEC Bullnose?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by =RedFox=, Apr 21, 2013.

?

Case Sodbuster vs GEC Redneck Bullnose

Case Sodbuster 5 vote(s) 23.8%
GEC Redneck Bullnose 16 vote(s) 76.2%

=RedFox= Loaded Pockets

I keep seeing these 2 knives around here, and am thinking about getting one. If you have one or both I'd love to read your opinions.
    As far as I can see there is a price difference, so I may be comparing apples to oranges pricewise, but they seem very similar from the pics I've seen. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Please educate me about these 2 knives
    • In Omnia Paratus

Norse Scots Loaded Pockets

good luck finding a red neck, they stoped makin them im hearing and cant find one for my collection :(
    if you find a couple please let me know lol
    i have the orange and black bullnose, great lil knife, tuff but light
    great lil food knife, my black one is always in my lil pouch at the ready

=RedFox= Loaded Pockets

I didn't realise there was a redneck and a 71 farm & field tool. Is there a difference other than name.
    Maybe I should edit redneck out of thread title if they're that hard to find?
    • In Omnia Paratus

oh its the bullnose you mentioned red neck farm&field
    its the same as the black, orange and the glowy but its reddish scales and the pivot spot said red neck
    • In Omnia Paratus

killroy360 Loaded Pockets

For me it just boiles down to price and availability. I picked my sodbuster up at lowes for 30ish and i love it.
    Norse Scots likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

i found the orange and black from seeing them on the forum, just thought they were nice
    but then i saw the glow and red neck, but cant seem to find the red neck bull nose
    they all are about 55.00 the ones ive seen
    read some place that they discontinued the red tho
    killroy360 likes this.

=RedFox= Loaded Pockets

OK, removed redneck from the title, but can't seem to remove it from the poll.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Matt130 Loaded Pockets

+1 on the Bullnose. I love mine :)

[IMG]
    [IMG]

MWDP Banned

GEC Bullnose, either in orange acrylic or nifebrite :) Excellent steel, looks very nice and it's pretty cheap for what it is

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

If you've never owned a sodbuster-style knife then the Case would be the easier and cheaper option to try it out. If you like it you could try to seek out a GEC later on. Then again, if you get the GEC first and decide it's not for you there shouldn't be much issue getting most of your money back on the resale market.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

Obvious answer: why not both?
    twin63 likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

6_String_Jams Loaded Pockets

I paid $19.99 for my sodbusters jr. At a local hardware store. Can't beat that!

=RedFox= Loaded Pockets

Yeah, ended up ordering both. Here's the Case, GEC Bullnose arriving tomorrow

[IMG]
    AK Adventurer and 6_String_Jams like this.

=RedFox= Loaded Pockets

And here's the GEC Bullnose

[IMG]

The similarities are remarkable. The GEC seems to definitely be the better of the 2, but not twice as good, so the Case wins value for money wise.
    I didn't check the specs, the Case is a much bigger knife, so its not really a true comparison. It seems that the Sodbuster Jr is closer in size to the Bullnose....big sigh...so I guess I'll just have to buy another knife? ;)
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

^ this is correct.