1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Copper Beads?!

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Quixotica, Apr 29, 2013.

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

So I have this fancy Copper Maratac, and I'm thinking I'd like to put a copper bead on it to match.

So far I've looked at the Gray Precision ones, and the Hinderer one.

I thought about doing the wire wrap that's pretty common on here, but it's not "thick" enough for my liking.

I'm currently leaning towards the Hinderer.

Anybody know of any copper beads I'm over looking? I'd like to keep it reasonably priced and somewhat available. A copper Beadbomb with green trits would be amazing, but I doubt I could find one, much less one that I could hope to afford anytime soon.

Suggestions? :)

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

I did this one myself. Not sure if that's the look you're going for or not.

[IMG]
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I got some copper beads on ebay to make a copper rosary out of.

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

Wow! very nice! howd you wind it so perfectly?? :eek:

I'd check etsy...i'm surprised no parabeads are copper!
    Too bad countycomm stinks-they have a set of three copper beads (cord clutch) for 20 bucks i think.
    And copper peanut lighters if anyone was wondering :p
    Mighty Max and e2dwml like this.

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

Thanks!!! Folded it in half. Put the loop end around a small post and the other end went into the drill motor. Perfect results every time. Then I hammered it a little and viola! That was my first attempt.
    Cornholio2188 and vegassprky like this.

genius! You certainly are crafty :p
    e2dwml likes this.

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

"Reasonably priced" is so very, very.... vague. For all we know, you light the fireplace with $100 bills. Sorry... pet peeve when folks ask for suggestions. Always easier with a numeric price range.

Anywhooo.....

UTi Copper Lanyard Beads:
    • Turned from Pure Copper
    • Length: approx .500
    • OD: approx .355
    • ID: approx .250
    • Finish: Polished or Aged Copper
    • Price: $24.99
    8X6mm, Natural Brass, Filigree Tube Bead:
    • Length: 8mm
    • OD: 6mm
    • ID: 5mm
    • Wall Thickness: .9mm
    • Officially brass, but I thought I would list it as copper content is 85% (zinc content: 15%), but the appearance is very copper. The zinc might reduce the amount of patina created over time though.
    • Price: $0.98
    If it's your flavor various Schmuckatelliskull beads are either copper plated, antique copper, or oxidize Roman copper. Prices vary from about $4.00-$17.00

Ariel Elias Salaverria of AES Custom Knives (Buenos Aires) makes Damascus & Mokume lanyard beads with copper and other metals. Damascus beads are $25, Mokume beads are $40. The downside is because of his location shipping ranges from $10 to $25.

USAKnifeMaker has some copper beads. Alas most of skulls or variations thereof.

ATB,
    Sam
    • In Omnia Paratus

Mighty Max Loaded Pockets

This is my kind of thread :cool:
    • Administrator

Kripto Evil Sid

Subscribed! :)
    • +4 Supporter

AK Adventurer Loaded Pockets

Yeah, what Evil Sid said ^^^^^^ :cool:
    • In Omnia Paratus

Badger375 Loaded Pockets

Haha why was I not surprised to see it was you who started this thread Q?

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

I dunno. I'm more of a brass guy. This seems more like Max's kinda thread. :confused:
    Mighty Max and Badger375 like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Mighty Max Loaded Pockets

Totally. Oddly enough, I have nothing to add to it. I dont know from beads. But I want.

thefrank Loaded Pockets

Great thread!! :) I really dig that wire bead, e2dwml! I probably need to try that soon with some thicker wire I have lying around! :D

As for copper beads that you can buy I would recommend looking at Pete Grays website. He can make any bead that you see there also in copper (and they are actually cheaper than Ti!). It's a question of individual taste but I would rather spend 25 bucks on a Gray bead than 20 on the Hinderer...

It's also worth looking here: http://www.krypto-lite.com/now-available.html
    There are no copper beads available at the moment but the bronze beads also look pretty nice!

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

I actually prefer the Hinderer over the Gray bead. It's beefier. I like bigger beads. And the possibility exists that I could buy the Hinderer bead from Jon in the future once Hinderer starts catching up on restocking vendors, and that makes it a much easier decision. :)

Syclone Loaded Pockets

Delta 3 Designs makes some amazing copper beads.
    thefrank likes this.

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I saw that last run of theirs on Facebook. Some of them were veeeeeery interesting. :)
    Syclone likes this.

thefrank Loaded Pockets

Wow, I was not aware of these! Where are the batches usually sold? On FB?