1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Corvus watch bands?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Jack_Wood, Oct 29, 2012.

Jack_Wood Loaded Pockets

My old NATO watchband has become a bit frayed, so I'm planning on replacing it. Does anyone have any experience with these guys? Are they worth it, or should I just go Maratac instead?

Merrib64 Loaded Pockets

Never heard of them but a Maratac or Zulu watch band will definitely
    hold up for the long haul and they are not bad looking when installed
    on a watch. IMHO !

dsonyay Loaded Pockets

Try texas watch strap. Com. I bought some natos from them for 11 bucks and they are great

alphaferrite Loaded Pockets

Having owned a Maratac and a Corvus, I would recommend Maratac. I purchased an admiralty grey band a while ago, and while it was a beautiful color, the quality was nowhere near Maratac. The Corvus band material was much stiffer Maratac, and about a year in, one of the fabric welds failed.

dsonyay Loaded Pockets

I think Corvus charges too much for straps. Aren't they located overseas?
    Maratac straps are just as good and cheaper.... but the straps from texasstrapco.com are less and just as good as Maratac.

Bellasdaddy Loaded Pockets

What watch are you putting it on? I had a Maratac Zulu on my Luminox 3600 and it just felt too thin overall. I know the praise for them but I had to cinch it down to make it stay put.

I am now wearing the Luminox with an Isofrane. They are a little pricey but I really can't even feel that I am wearing a watch sometimes.

Jack_Wood Loaded Pockets

Goodness, those are pricey. I'm putting it on a Casio Analog Super Illuminator, and I think I'd object to spending more on the band than on the watch. I'll keep Isofrane in mind as a future upgrade option though.

Thank you all for the input.