1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Dexter Morgan's EDC Computer Bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by LausDeo, Sep 25, 2012.

LausDeo Loaded Pockets

So.. I'm watching Dexter season 6 (no spoilers!) and something catches my eye in one of the episodes. It's a 3 second frame of a nice looking bag - so like any EDCF member I do a little research and find this. Dexter Morgan's computer bag.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

After further review, I have to say I rather like it. It would be great to take to the office. I especially like the removable pockets and outside attachments.

Ramza76 Loaded Pockets

Too bad that it has been discontinued.

NIB Loaded Pockets

The Oakley bag in the movie Book of Eli was discontinued also but they made a small run due to demand.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

A guy in one of my classes has it and the closures really are difficult to manipulate. As you can see the hooks are upside down so you have to lift the hook over the d-ring instead of using gravity to assist. Other than that it is well built and the external pockets are nice for organization.

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

I think Oakley makes some really cool looking bags.

kertap75 Loaded Pockets

Looks like a cool bag, I'm a big fan of the show, I wonder why I never noticed that one
    • In Omnia Paratus

MedicInTraining Loaded Pockets

Oh wow I wish they were still being made! The black looks like something I would be into for sure!

echo63 Loaded Pockets

if you lift the grey strap at the bottom of the clip it should eject the D ring.
    clipping it back in could be a pain though

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

LausDeo Loaded Pockets

http://www.oakley.com/products/1518/3713

From Oakleys own website. I think it WAS discontinued at some point and they brought it back due to demand. You can also find it on Amazon and Ebay occasionally.
    • In Omnia Paratus

MedicInTraining Loaded Pockets

LausDeo Loaded Pockets

I know. Same here. Lol.

ambaal Loaded Pockets

I have Oakley computer AP bag, a bit similar to this one.

It's a great 'office robot' laptop bag that hase some character for a change, excellently made and all, but not particularly exiting. I dare to go as far as to say it might not be as EDC-oriented as rather to be office-oriented.

I carry mine almost exclusively with suit or when I have to haul laptop and office papers, since it doesn't rise any eyebrows even in strict corporate environment, but any of my other messenger bags (TAD Dispatch bag, Larkspur, Tonto) will have preference in any other case.
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd Loaded Pockets

Confused here. If you carry it every day how is it not EDC-oriented? If what you normally take to work is a briefcase, a Mont Blanc pen, a Franklin planner, an iPhone, and an HP-12C calculator, then that's what you EDC. Maybe that's somehow less intrinsically "cool" than a KA-BAR and a 1250-lumen bugzapper butane flamethrower flashlight (with trits), but that's a question of taste, not EDC-ness. Besides, offices are some of the most brutal environments you will encounter. I'd die in two weeks at your workplace. And I have an HP-12C! :D
    kertap75 and TARFU like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

thwippa likes this.

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

Who me? What did I do?
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

The guy in the video.

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

O ok. Ya he is pretty annoying.

ambaal Loaded Pockets

In the spirit of this forum, I define EDC as not what you have to carry, but rather what you want to carry.
    And those 'want' items don't mix with Oakley bag too well: it's an office bag, and once you are outside office supplies area (stationary, paper, notebooks), it's actually not that good at containing those items.

Basically, a choice of Oakley bag like this (or any other 'office robot' bag to somewhat higher degree) is dictated. On a same loadout, if I have a choice, I'd rather grab Crumpler/Gleneagle or even a TAD Dispatch, although I don't think it's that great bag.

Normally I don't lug it around, my office is extremely liberal, so my work bag is usually way more relaxed. It's just for those occasions where I need to go somewhere else and look more strict while having more stuff than Crumpler 'Salary Sacrifice' (great bag by the way) can hold.
    kd7dvd likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd Loaded Pockets

OK, I can understand what you're saying here. For example, I'm required to carry a kilogram of reference material with me at all times while at work. (I weighed it :)) I don't have a choice between paper books and, er, titanium books. (It's possible I have a choice to carry the books electronically, but there's a restriction on using personal electronic devices at work that conflicts with that.)

Things that are issued, mandated, or required may not be topical to the forum because there's little or no point discussing it. Maybe I'll start a thread for people to share the EDC items they're forced to endure :)
    kertap75 likes this.