1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Don Rearic

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by knos, Sep 16, 2010.

• In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Amen! Glad to hear this,Don.

~Gnarly :evilgrin:

edcer Loaded Pockets

Good to know,I will check out your site,Don.

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

You should start an email list or something, so we know when the site is updated.

DBR Loaded Pockets

I have a blog as well. I ended up putting a link to that on the front/main page and the links page of the website the other day. I don't know if I should take what I like off of the blog and then build those into articles and various pages and pieces for the website or keep them both separate or what...

Jason...my god, I've known you online since you were about 21 years old, haven't I? Maybe 20? I guess it doesn't really make that much difference in the grand scheme of things but I appreciate the person you have become. :cool:

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

If we get a vote, I'd humbly request that you incorporate them; instead of keeping them seperate. Thank You.

DBR Loaded Pockets

One of the things I have done is extract a multi-part piece I wrote years ago on two different blogs called The Urban Survival Primer. I have extracted that and I am polishing it, adding and deleting, and that is going on the site for the Autumnal Update. I love Autumn, don't you all? ;)

As has been the case over the last seven or eight years, most of the articles will be survival-related and not how to defend yourself against people related. I will probably have three small survival kit reviews, one from ESEE's Advanced E & E Survival Kit, Pro Survival Kit Co.'s Pocket Pro Survival Kit and an original, from the 1990s, Bob Cooper Survival Kit, too. That Cooper Kit has the now-banned-in-Australia survival kit knife originally shown in Tactical Knives Magazine in the 1990s.
    kd7dvd likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

I should likely be ashamed of the number of times I have referred people to your articles, quoted you, used your logic to confound the unlearned.

I should likely be ashamed.

teeheehee...this is my 'ashamed look':
    DBR likes this.

AK Adventurer EDC Junkie!!!!!

Indeed!
    I've enjoyed DBRs posts here at EDCF, and have loved the site for years... Wow. a LOT of years... Never knew it was the same smart fellow!

G.
    DBR likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

I've been a DBR fan since '96 or '97....yer right: a LOT of years!
    DBR likes this.

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

I referenced the article on fistloads in an essay for university. I passed, so I assume it went down quite well.
    Although I would have loved to see my (quite liberal) module lecturer's face if he took a look round the site......
    DBR likes this.

DBR Loaded Pockets

That's pretty cool. I remember I was on this other forum and a British Police Officer didn't really take too kindly to something that I had to say. I have long forgotten the link now but there was an armed robbery in London back before World War One and this was a newspaper story about how people on the street chased after the robber(s) and I think exchanged gunfire with him/them while the police had to stop at the station to get pistols. It went on to say how Londoners had concealed pistols and sword canes for self-defense, that it was fairly common. This fine Brit did his own homework and found out the incident really did happen and that, yes, before WW1, it really was common for Brits to carry handguns and all manner of devices for self-defense. It totally changed the way he thought about things and he's actually pro-gun although he knows his country will not change back. Almost simultaneously, another Police Officer in Britain got angry about that and other things I said on a forum and on my website and became a fairly petty stalker for a few years. :D

(Pretty sure it was London and it was definitely England.)

More directly, I have met a lot of people who call themselves liberals and they're armed. If nowhere else, in the home. I would hazard a guess and say that most liberals know that firearms are useful tools for self-defense but they are either elitist and think they are better than everyone else and should have them while others are deprived of them or, they know they're useful and they are scared of other people owning them, etc. Both hypocrites...but you can forgive the latter but never the former in this discussion. ;)

I think what everyone needs to understand about the "control mentality" is this, it's not a republican or democrat thing anymore. Nor is it liberal and conservative. Sometimes I say things on here and I get the stinkeye over it because it is "political." But it's not a hidden agenda to promote the more "gun friendly" or "knife friendly" of the political parties - it's very anti-party in nature because I'm talking about how the animal that is politics touches our lives.

It's not a subliminal or concealed agenda to promote Romney, for example. I just turned 44 last week and I have a very good chance of seeing in the last part of my lifetime the "gun issue" becoming something that both parties are against.

The two main contenders for the GOP nomination this time around were Chris Christie and Mitt Romney. Romney got it. Both are demonstrably anti-gun. This does not bode well for us.

And, even the most vehement anti-gunner that might still enjoy their pocketknives and other doodads needs to realize that once the guns are gone, the knives will be next. As happened in Britain. As happened in Australia. But for some reason, they seem to be stuck in some gear that I cannot find the letter on the shifter knob to describe...it's not forward, reverse or neutral, it seems to be sideways... They still think it won't happen here and that's because they don't understand that it's about controlling people and not about saving lives or making schools or streets or even movie theaters safe. It's about authoritarianism and it's a monster and like all monsters, it likes to eat. When it gets done devouring one freedom, it will go for another...and another...until none are left in its wake.

DBR Loaded Pockets

That's because...to be blunt and honest about it...I don't get to sit here for a few days or weeks and polish what I have to say. You get the raw, unvarnished, spur of the moment thoughts on a forum. Not always something I am proud of on here, either! So, sometimes you get the not-quite-as-smart Don here, unfortunately. :D
    mrlysle likes this.

DBR Loaded Pockets

I know enough about you and your personal tribulations that you have been through and I feel great that someone of your character thinks so highly of my thoughts. You have nothing to be ashamed of, even in jest. :)

mrlysle Loaded Pockets

I don't know where the hell I've been the last few months on this forum, but it apparently wasn't reading everything I should have been. Just spent a long time on Dons blog site, and have to say, I feel like I met a new friend here tonight. He and I definitely think alike on so many things, and I greatly enjoyed my time this evening. Thanks Don, for the time you put into being a real person, and sharing your thoughts and discoveries, to share with others. :hug:
    DBR likes this.

DBR Loaded Pockets

Thank you and the rest of you. The website was for people like us and to sway who we could and muddle our way through the others we could not. :)