1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

EDC bag for women

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by LauraQ, Apr 1, 2009.

• +2 Supporter

LauraQ Loaded Pockets

You would think that women have it easy. After all, we are *expected* to carry a bag every day so we never run into the "man purse" comments so many men get. However, purses are not exactly EDC-friendly. They don't have all those cool pockets for storing stuff, for one thing. Purses are more a fashion statement than a practical necessity these days. My point (and I do have one), is that I'm looking for suggestions for EDC bags for women. I use a Timbuk 2 bag now, but it's a bit small. I just ordered the 5.11 SERE from Quartermaster, but expect that it will be "too tactical" looking. Any suggestions, guys?

Thanks a million!

-- LauraQ :)

Blaker55 Loaded Pockets

Check out TomBihn.com. I just recieved an EGO bag from ebay and like it. Its sort of a messenger/briefcase cross. Most of thier bags contain many pockets to organize with. They also have a messenger called an IMAGO. They have many more and there seems to be a Tom Bihn cult. Like mine so far, but just getting started. Oh, and they got a bunch of color choices if that trips your trigger. Mines all black so it suits me just fine.

Guarddog Empty Pockets

Hello Ms Laura,

I'm not sure that I can help you with you question but have you checked out EDC-F (EDC-Females)? That might prove to be a good resource for you.

carise Empty Pockets

Hi LauraQ, I use a Coach handbag and carry a Pacsafe Citysafe 200 bag. Couldn't decide whether to be more fashionable or practical, so I carry both! ;) I don't think my bags are necessarily tactical but they work for me. I got the Pacsafe because it sounded like it was a pretty durable bag without looking too rugged.

dixie_amazon Empty Pockets

Thanks for that link, their Cafe Bag looks promising.

FeebleOldMan Loaded Pockets

• +2 Supporter

LauraQ Loaded Pockets

All I can say is.....Ooooooh!Thanks!
    • +2 Supporter

LauraQ Loaded Pockets

I never saw that before! Wow. I'll send a request.

yoyosma Loaded Pockets

I sent an EDC-F request several months back but didn't get a reply. Does it *really exist...? :D

I was always curious of the Pac-Safe. Does it have nice pockets and such inside?

Guarddog Empty Pockets

Hello Ms Yoyosma,

I don't know ... I do see members in here with the EDC-F label. I know the instructions state "IF YOU ARE FEMALE and would like an invite into EDC-F, please PM scríbhneoir, but please be aware that potential EDC-F members should be active, posting EDCF members." I'm not sure what their definition of "active" is. Every time I PM scríbhneoir she responds quickly.

Hmmm maybe it is because the "Gender" field in your profile does not indicate "female". Just a thought.
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared

yoyosma, it does exist! Not sure your PM went to me as I double checked all my PMs from the past two years. :) Shoot me another if you are still interested!

Karen
    • +2 Supporter

LauraQ Loaded Pockets

Oh, yeah, it exists! They just showed me the secret handshake and I'm in. Yay! Send your requests and come join the fun!
    • +2 Supporter

LauraQ Loaded Pockets

I'm a big fan of Levenger's Circa products, but everything in their catalog is overpriced. Those bags look *awesome*, though.

yoyosma Loaded Pockets

Thx Guarddog, Karen and Laura! I'll PM Karen and get on board. (...I'll do it right this time!)

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

I have carried the Ego for about a month now and LOVE it. It is neither masculine or feminine (I am male), but very well laid out and built to last. Great bag.

I too have looked at the Cafe Bags...in fact, if you look at the Tom Bihn forum you will see my inquiry "Do any males carry Cafe Bags?". I really want one, but am concerned that they are a bit feminine.

dixie_amazon Empty Pockets

I don't think so, but I guess some of the more colorful ones might. You could always put an EDC patch on it.

Guarddog Empty Pockets

No problem! I think EDC-F is an excellent idea and I am glad that you Ladies are interested and have signed up.
    Enjoy, and please contribute to the other forums as well. I really appreciate your perspective.

Thanks,
    GuardDog
    • +2 Supporter

LauraQ Loaded Pockets

I don't think you need to worry of the Cafe bag. If you like it, get one! :)

Towanda Loaded Pockets

I alternate between an REI Boarding Bag and an Ampac AM05-1550 shoulder bag for my EDC. They both work just fine for all the EDC stuff I carry. The Ampac bag is even big enough for me to roll up and stuff in an entire change of clothing.