1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

EDC... necklace?

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Television, Jun 23, 2011.

Television Loaded Pockets

G'day Guys,

Just sitting in front of the computer at 1:40am thinking about EDC when I had a little idea... What about getting a necklace and putting a little keychain flashlight and multitool on there?

I'm thinking something like A Fenix E05 and a Leatherman PS4. Something simple, which means I'll always have some gear on me.

Has anyone got any recommendations on a good place to get necklaces? I'm thinking specifically maybe the type used for neck-knives? I know very little about those sort of affairs so while I'm doing my own research I thought it may be a good idea to consult the brains trust.

Will be interesting to see what the lovely lady thinks when I start wearing this bad boy :laugh: :lolhammer:

heathah Loaded Pockets

I've been looking for a good Ti necklace for some time now in the 28-30" range but haven't had much luck yet. I'm curious to see if anyone finds any options for you. I'll be watching this thread.

Any preference on material on your end? I'm partial to Ti as Stainless Steel and my skin don't get along too well it seems.

Heath

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

Is this similiar to what you are looking for?
    docer likes this.

Television Loaded Pockets

I can't really tell what the Necklace is made out of but unfortunately it doesn't look like it.

Essentially I'm just looking for a simple necklace (i.e. what's used to hold dog tags) made out of Ti or SS.

Thanks for taking the time to find the link though!

dimeotane Empty Pockets

Put your Leatherman PS4 onto paracord. I put my Leatherman Squirt PS4 onto paracord for wearing around my neck. It's small and light enough that it feels comfortable. Its edges are smooth and rounded so there's no irritation wearing it under my Tshirt. I made a two slip knots on the paracord ends so I can adjust the length as I like... apparently its called a fisherman's knot.

[IMG]

chico13 Loaded Pockets

SAKplumber likes this.

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

MY EDC "necklace" consists of a beaded chain holding Titanium TAD Gear/Jerzee Devil dog-tags (that can be rotated to make a small cutting edge), a modified (by me!!) steel dogtag that contains a SD card of personal data, **** info, documents, maps etc, & a cut-down key to my EDC cabinet.

I guess I COULD easily add a small LED light to the chain.
    My modified steel dogtag
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Heres my Ti TAD/JD dogtags (with some other EDC "goodies")
    [IMG]
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Pockets

uniquetitanium has Ti ball chain and a Ti necklace if thats what you are looking for.

Jack_Wood Loaded Pockets

Seconding the paracord recommendation. Actually, even if you go with bead chain, I'd recommend putting it inside the paracord sheath. Of course, the bead chain might look cooler. I don't know. But the nylon is definitely more comfortable.

tso Loaded Pockets

Nice, a P910. And with a very watchable wallpaper no less :)
    bull_paqqy likes this.

Leemann Loaded Pockets

Do something like Ranger Rick does with a wire saw.

Lee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Glad you like, I know the Sony Ericsson is a bit "old skool" but I like the touch screen & pda functions.

Ah, yes, the wallpaper. Lovely Ziva David (Cote de Pablo) from NCIS. (Bless 'er!)

DonShock Loaded Pockets

I've been carrying an assortment of EDC items on a necklace for several years now. Ti is the perfect material due to weight and corrosion issues. Initally cost was more of an issue so I had SS version of many items which functioned well but did start showing wear before too long. Once I switched over to Ti, everything keeps looking almost like new. Here's where I got the Ti necklace.
    [IMG]
    Atwood Gasbaby, Peanut lighter, Custom fob from MattW, Inka pen, Whistle from Sunshine, Draco flashlight
    Nick4305 and Al Effendi like this.

tso Loaded Pockets

What i find interesting about the P series is that it runs on hardware that is 1/10 the computing power of the iphone and android phones sold today, but delivered as much in terms of features (tho perhaps crudely depending on who on asks). Yet as this was not done by a US company, the US tech press have largely ignored it contribution to the smartphone world.

SeanB Loaded Pockets

My EDC Necklace:
    [IMG]
    Nick4305 and Al Effendi like this.

Al Effendi Loaded Pockets

[IMG]
    I have a thing for goofy skulls. I took my daughters to a bead store. It was goofy skull heaven.

--Al
    Nick4305, Piney and khclarkson like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

docer Loaded Pockets

I used the necklace from a medical alert necklace tag. I'm not sure what brand or company exactly. But it is a very nice small linked SS chain. Super simple and strong.
    • +3 Supporter
    • +1 Supporter

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

• +1 Supporter

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

A word about 550 cord - you will sweat and the cord will begin to stink.

Two - ball and bead chains (like on dog tags) are designed to fall apart for a reason. That 550 cord gets snagged and you're going to have a bad day.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

BubbaFett Loaded Pockets

I ran into that issue too, but you can get breakaway clasps. I did that for a while but the barrel clasps bothered me.
    tmedina likes this.