1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

EDC Wallet

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by sloopy70, Dec 20, 2009.

sloopy70 Loaded Pockets

Did a search, couldn't find a previous version of this post... Are there any edc geared wallets out there? Something more functional than a standard leather/nylon wallet, something gadgety maybe?

Andy Wayne Loaded Pockets

grimm_kaosboy Empty Pockets

+1 to what Andy said. There is also T.H.E.Wallet Jr and checkbook versions of the SPECops wallets to look at.

P35 Loaded Pockets

big fan of the SpecOps the Wallet Jr here, best wallet ever(IMO) ;D

Double_Tap Loaded Pockets

Another "I agree"

I carry a Mission Wallet for cards, cash, etc. and a T.H.E Wallet Jr in my murse for all the other cards one needs to carry, e.g. health insurance, extra CC's, etc.

Denix Loaded Pockets

I carry an Ostrich mission wallet from Bladeart. Here's a pic:

[img width=640 height=480]http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac93/gcharron11/IMG00004-20090802-1156.jpg[/img]

Guy

malcolm47 Loaded Pockets

Will a Strider SNG fit in a mission wallet? Will a small Fenix LD01 (single AAA light) fit in the pen spot? I'd like to get one...............Malcolm
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Big Blue Moderator

I am looking at the mission wallet as well, but if I can't get a AAA light in the pen pocket it will be a no go for me. I want to use it with an Alox SAK and a Preon I.

jmkeeler7676 Empty Pockets

I love my mission wallet.

Double_Tap Loaded Pockets

I normally carry an ARC AAA in mine, but I just put a Fenix E01 in there and that fits fine too. Not sure how whatever you are trying to carry compares sizewise.. The other pocket easily holds most folders and smaller SAKs. An Explorer fits fine.

Dr. Evil Empty Pockets

Spec-Ops makes great wallets. I have the whole family including the checkbook model. They are bulky, so for a EDC I use a big skinny wallet, and keep the gear in my pockets or the EDC Bag.

wenestvedt Loaded Pockets

Bill's Urban Wallet (or whatever it's called) ha a couple of exterior pockets.

I bought one off another member here, but I decided I don't like it. I may load it up sometime (next summer for my shorts pockets?) as an FAK, but other than that I can't see using it.

Jbum Loaded Pockets

+1 I carry the Jr. daily!!

Jbum Loaded Pockets

oops wrong quote this the 1 I meant to quote

2506sniper Loaded Pockets

I have been carrying the Spec-ops THE wallet jr for 6 years now. It still looks great. once they are broken in to your behind, you won't want to carry anything else!

molawns Loaded Pockets

I've been EDC'ing the Spec-Ops T.H.E. Checkbook wallet for about a year now, but just today I got my new T.H.E. wallet in the mail and have loaded it up. :smitten: I can't wait to see how it works out... The checkbook wallet just started to get too bulky and cumbersome for me to carry everyday...especially since I don't write as many checks as I used to. The zipper also came off the track and I can't repair it. It's still a great piece of gear though, and I can send it back to get repaired or replaced if I want, since they have a pretty good warranty on their stuff.

I'm not sure how I feel about the "shark bite" closure on the T.H.E. wallet, though. Seems like it might come open? I might modify it slightly by adding some flat magnets under the Cordura material to make sure it stays closed.

2506sniper Loaded Pockets

in 6 years, I have never had my Wallet JR come open unless I wanted it to

davidt1 Loaded Pockets

Check out the dollar stores. Once in a while you can find some amazing stuff there and you can't beat the price. I found a wallet with a design I really liked and bought a dozens.

Dizos Loaded Pockets

Same here. I carried a Jr. for several years, their closure system is brilliant. I wish they would make a slimmer version of the Jr. for front pocket carry.

dozzer Loaded Pockets