1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Fenix PD30 vs 4Sevens quark 123^2

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Melders, Mar 6, 2011.

• +2 Supporter

Melders Loaded Pockets

From what I can tell, the price difference and size differences are negligible. Apart from the 50 lumen difference, what makes one better than another?

reppans Loaded Pockets

I'm not as familiar with the 2x123 as I am with the 2xAA, but when I was shopping between the LD20 and Quark AA^2, these were the key differences (I think many will apply to the 2x123s):

For Quark
    - Lego-able bodies gives me single AA or single 123 or 3.7v lithium-ion AAs
    - reversible clip
    - 5x longer warranty
    - better included accessories (ie, holster)
    - UI choice (tactical, regular)
    - strobe mode
    - but by far most important to me are the low low modes as I'm always seeking to: preserve night vision, conserve batteries or be discreet

For the Fenix
    - I think it looks a better
    - It seems to be more efficient at at certain lumen levels

ZMZ67 Loaded Pockets

I used to EDC the Fenix P2D but now I EDC a Quark 1X123.Fenix makes good lights but even with the updates to the PD models I still like what the Quark offers.I find that I use the moonlight mode on my Quark very often and would definately miss having it now.I also believe the beacon mode of the Quark is better than an SOS mode in an emergency.Niether light is currently available with neutral/warm tints but that would also be a factor I would consider if it becomes available again.Either light should serve you well with the Fenix offering higher output and the Quark more options/versatality.I doubt you will notice the differences in efficiency in practical use but the PD30s advertised numbers are better.The Quark should run almost a month in moonlight mode though in an emergency.

swrdply400mrelay Empty Pockets

Get the Quark. Much more versatile than Fenix. Different levels of output as well as strobe and SOS. Also you can use rechargeable lithiums without losing your low modes.