1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Find my unicorn ultra-micro sling pack!!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by demPho, Jan 5, 2017.

1. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

You know the "missed connections" part of Craigslist? Well, I had a unicorn sighting the other day in Lowes; as I approached the register the guy leaving in front of me had what I believe would be my perfect daily bag.

It was tiny! Molle webbing. A little side and front pouch. The padded 2" strap was almost as big as the bag itself. If I could describe the overall shape it would be that of a water bottle. I've scowered the search section and the depths of my brain to no avail.

Cut a hazard 4 tanto in half. Cut a versipak in thirds and give it to me!!

Help!!

Phone - keys - wallet - multitool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Jay-uk likes this.
  2. Roguetrooper

Roguetrooper Loaded Pockets

5.11 MOAB 6?
    ONETIGRIS EDC Sling / Mini Sling?

There's a lot of no-brand asian bags as well, like these..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

demPho likes this.
  3. RoboSim

RoboSim Loaded Pockets

When you finally find your unicorn, I'd like to hear some feedback on it. I'm not suggesting that everyone EDC a 40+ liter beast everywhere, but just as equally fascinating to me is the interest in bags that only carry slightly more than what you can fit in your pockets, but not really big enough to carry anything else. For example, you'll have a bag that can happily carry wallet, keys, phone and multi-tool all day long, but factor in a light jacket, book, sandwich or other gear and it suddenly starts to feel too small.

No criticisms or judgment from me. Carry what works for you. Like most people here, I'm always interested in the what, why and how of things people carry.

paul_webster5 and demPho like this.
  4. Cprrckwlf

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

I'll be very curious to see how this works out, as well. I've looked at some smaller solutions -- mainly to increase pocket space when I'm wearing something other than cargos, but have always held off for one reason or another.

My bookmarks on the topic might prove helpful for you. . . mind you this is only a collection. I've not tried anything here, so there's no endorsement:
    https://www.hazard4.com/packs/rigs-belts.html Hazard 4's "rig" systems -- collection of small bags wearable as belt pouches, shoulder bags, chest bags or shoulder holsters. Number of reasonably priced options of different sizes.

https://www.urbantool.com/en/ -- number of options including small shoulder bags, belt pouches, hip/thigh style rigs, and minimal shoulder holster/packs

http://www.kangatek.com/online-store/ -- a sort of EDC bandolier

You might also look at the numerous small cases designed for digital cameras.

and, of course, don't forget about Skinth, wouldn't be too hard to add whatever style strap to some of these: http://skinthsolutions.com/shop/

demPho likes this.
  5. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Neither of the two pictures posted. The onetigris mini is close. I'll probably actually consider it. I had forgotten about them! Thanks for the reminder. The unicorn was definitely more substantial. Definitely had webbing on the sides. And the sling was also the padded mesh variety.

6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Vanquest makes a smallish sling and I really like mine,can't remember the model name though and they do have them on Fire Sale pretty often too which is where I got mine.

Tolcat maybe?

Last edited by EZDog, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    demPho likes this.
  7. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Uniqueness is what keeps the world spinning. I've got a great set-up covering all of my bases from hand tools and power tools to the "truck bag" to the now deemed unicorn. My belt real Estate has dwindled from gun, mag, leatherman, flashlight, utility knife, etc. Given that, pocket real estate is at a premium. It would surely not be a point guard in the edc lineup but would come off the bench strong when needed. Still hunting! Thanks for the input, I'll definitely update this post.

8. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Wow, thank you for the suggestions! I'll dig into these when I get to a computer. I did my drooling over skinth but ultimately opted to wait for a local buddy of mine to make me a design custom to my specs. Turn around time will likely be the same lol.

Edit: Dude!! The hazard4 covert escape is an amazing little piece of kit. Thank you! I would have never ventured to that page on their site! Highly considering this. Love the versatility.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    gatorfan likes this.
  9. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

GREAT thought!! That's where I looked first. The strap he had really appeared to be sewn on, thus ruling out d ring or webbing attached sling straps. Doesn't rule out a custom job though! Thanks for the input!

10. bnate

bnate Loaded Pockets

WillAdams likes this.
  11. bnate

bnate Loaded Pockets

double post

12. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Unique responses to unique posters is frowned upon?

13. bnate

bnate Loaded Pockets

???

14. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

What was the double post?

15. Roguetrooper

Roguetrooper Loaded Pockets

I think he means he inadvertently posted the same thing twice.

demPho likes this.
  16. bnate

bnate Loaded Pockets

Winner winner chicken dinner. Thank you, yes, seems the "Post Reply" and checking out "More Options" in my impatience caused a 2nd post on my part.

17. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

No worries on my end, never even saw it!

18. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Dang, that's really nice! Might be a bit steep in price for the purpose I have for it but VERY nice!

Edit: the more I look at this the more I like it. This is also the closest in size and shape to the unicorn and it has a substantial, fixed strap like it too.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017