1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Found a cool Monkey Fist jig

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by karlito, Feb 8, 2009.

• +1 Supporter

karlito Loaded Pockets

leon Empty Pockets

yam350 Loaded Pockets

I'd like to say thanks but I'm just mad, all the years I've been struggling to tie those round my fingers and I never thought of that!
    So simple it's stupid but clever. Umm Thanks!
    • +1 Supporter

karlito Loaded Pockets

No kidding! So simple No more tangled string around your fingers. :doh:

CopperKnight Empty Pockets

DOH! How ridiculously easy does that make it? Very good. Thanks for the link.

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

It's a neat idea - I love instructables!

yam350 Loaded Pockets

I got to my workshop today and the first thing I did.... was make tea, well the second thing I did was hunt around for some 6mm stainless bar I knew was kicking around somewhere, I found it and bent up one of these jigs. THEY WORK! 3,4or 5 strand is equally as easy, why didn't I know about this before? :doh:
  1. It's a good design. I think, though, that when I make mine, I'll use a coat hanger that doesn't have moss and lichens and rust thriving on it! :laugh:
    (Where did that guy get that hanger?! The Andrea Doria wreck?! :laugh:)
  2. You should have seen the ridiculous cardboard/glue/bamboo-skewer contraption I came up with when I made the 8-turn Monkey's Fist for my skydive throwout handle! OMG I could have used this dealie at that time!

Guarddog Empty Pockets