1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Fountain Pens! Love em' or hate em'?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by KAMM, Sep 2, 2012.

• In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

:p '89 here. Though I was born at the butt end of the snake (December 20). :rolleyes: Do snakes have butts or just tails? They have a bunghole, but I don't know about a "butt." hahahahha
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Oh no! You've caught the attention of Syclone! xD His paycheck's gonna sufferrrrrrr.
    Mighty Max and Syclone1436 like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Mighty Max Loaded Pockets

Pondering lifes big questions I see.
    Syclone1436 and mooshisho like this.

deusexaethera Loaded Pockets

I love my fountain pens. However, they MUST have screw-thread caps or the nibs will dry out if you don't use them daily. Pilot and Sailor seem to be the only (affordable) brands that consistently remember to include this design feature.
    mooshisho likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Syclone1436 likes this.

oke Loaded Pockets

Well, you all are a bunch o' fun... ;)

At least got some pics of it:
    [IMG]

Also, here's a pic of one of the first fountain pens I got, along with the matching rollerball (which had the cool feature that, when the pen tip was extended, the clip pulled in to the barrel, so the pen could not be pocketed until the tip was retracted, saving shirts from being inked...), the Pelikan Level L5:
    [IMG]

Anyone ever try the Level L5 fp? It had an innovative way to fill the pen with ink, imo. :D
    mooshisho likes this.

oke Loaded Pockets

Well, that's about silly. When I attempted to send the reply, I got the popup that an error occured, and then again that the server timed out. So I copied the contents, left the thread, and then went back in it, only to see that the post submissions took, and it looked like I double-posted. Yippee...

So, ummm... Nothing to see here.:rolleyes:
    mooshisho likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

^ It happens. :)

Syclone Loaded Pockets

mooshisho likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

They're fun as cheap little pocket pens. :D Back in my freshman year of high school, I recall giving one of my best friends one. :) That was the last time I'd ever gotten one 'cause they cleared out all their inventory and I never found them again until now. :D

concoursal Loaded Pockets

I love using them. Current lineup is a Lamy 2000 F, a Pelikan Go 75 M, and Rotring Core in M. I'm using Noodlers and Pelikan inks.
    mooshisho likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshisho likes this.

Syclone Loaded Pockets

I would think so. Or try the Tradio mini!
    mooshisho likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Awesome, Ill try one of the two. I've never used a fountain pen before. I'm too lazy to clean them, but I think these would be a good place to start.
    mooshisho likes this.

deusexaethera Loaded Pockets

Syclone Loaded Pockets

I was happy with the Tradio mini and I own a 100+ dollar custom made FP. The Tradio mini writes very smooth imo.
    mooshisho likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

Pics of the rotring with piston converter please. I am very intrested in that one :p

Ted Andkilde Loaded Pockets

Nothing fancy, just a standard Waterman 56010w converter. Piston converters are OK on a plane, squeeze converters, definitely not.

Cheers, Ted
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

They're not garbage. I have fountain pens ranging from the $1.50 Daiso and the $4.00 Platinum Preppies all the way up to the $50.00 Pilot Preras and on up to the (soon) $150.00 Namiki VPs. They each have their quirks. There are many who don't even enjoy the $100+ pens and prefer the midrange or even "disposable" level pens.

They may not be the "best," but they definitely are not garbage - their nibs are similar to the disposable V-Pen/Varsities.

To each their own.
    MichiganMan likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

Whats the point in a $100 pen if you rarely use one?
    My sister buys cheap ones as they are light weight, and are hard to beat, where I like med to high weight. I just brought a new one for $15 which fis me well. Very easy to replace as well.
    mooshisho likes this.