1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Gecko Titanium Products

Discussion in 'EDCF Forum Store' started by JonSidneyB, Jul 24, 2012.

Kombi Loaded Pockets

As I promised, here's two of the shots that turned out. Sadly, no action shots this week. Haven't had much in the way of bottled beverages now that we've got the Sodastream freshly restocked with gas. ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]

My impressions.
    • It's a lot heavier than I anticipated which is great. I guess when you say "titanium" I half expected it to weigh as much as a small sheet of crumpled foil.
    • Ergonomically, it fits nicely in my hand and I did bring it to bear on a bottle cap and found the action to work worlds better than my Boker VOX Access Tool.
    • Size-wise it's in that sweet spot of not being much longer than a key, and no wider than my fob. So it's a good fit on my keychain.
    I connected it with a small split ring to a McGizmo clip. I like to be able to remove things from my keys and also if I send my car into service, have a way to strip it down to just the car key.

I now need to go get it engraved with my contact info and then it will be nearly perfect. So three cheers to Jon for stocking these and three cheers to the Gecko for creating a mad decent product. :D
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

Getting your info engraved is a good enough idea that I may have to put mine on my keys;)
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

A lot of these still left.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

Is engraving still an option? Or is it on the owner to source?
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

It is owner to source now. I could only get that when Ti-ji still had them in his hands.
    SAKplumber likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

Just checking!
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

Have you used yours yet?
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

Nope. Sittin' right next to me. I have taken it out of the bag a couple times though. Its really nice. I though about adding it to the Pass Around Box, but decided against it. I like too much:)
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON Loaded Pockets

I've used each of mine, I have 1 of each. I think I like the shark the best, but I've only used the Broken Dog Tag once. I may need a little more pratce with it. :p
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

I've got the Shark, but I can see how useful having important information on a Dogtag would be for my keys.
    • Sponsor MFR
    • +4 Supporter
    • +3 Supporter
    • +2 Supporter
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

TECENG Loaded Pockets

BTW, for those of you who haven't bought a shark yet... Remember it's SHARK WEEK!!!
    SAKplumber and vegassprky like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

I might have to start carrying mine this week then:) Buh dum...buh DUM...BUH DUM...BUMP!
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

Currently using the shark as a separator on my keychain. Doesn't hurt that it's also a convenient pry tool (on me at all times).

Xuis Empty Pockets

I would really like to know if the Dog Tags have that great-looking pre-engraved Ti lettering and symbols when purchased from J.S. Burlys. I'm assuming there is no chance for additional engraving?
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

They had the ti engraving on them. The rest of the engraving you have to source yourself.

Xuis Empty Pockets

Thank you so much for the speedy response, I'll grab two from J.S. now.
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

Xuis likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

Did no one get my Jaws reference?
    Come on! That was funny:p
    Cornholio2188 and Syclone1436 like this.

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

hAHA I seriously could not stop until I completed the whole song in my head.
    SAKplumber likes this.

jnsn Loaded Pockets

thinking about grabbing a dog tag, do they come with that thick ball chain?
    great price BTW, $15 for a ti bottle opener?!? not to mention the ability to add my contact info will make it easy to justify it to my wife lol. i would assume any engraver (like the local trophy shop) would be able to do titanium?
    lekvar likes this.