1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

How about an EDC FIXED Blade Knife picture thread?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by FreestyleAssassin, Aug 3, 2010.

FreestyleAssassin Empty Pockets

I know you are out there.... So, show us what ya got!

Post your EDC FIXED BLADE photos HERE!

Must be (preferably urban) EDC able.

- No Neck Knives, Please.

Bierkameel Loaded Pockets

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    I always carry a fixed blade, the Hinderer or the Benchmade.

KJlost Loaded Pockets

Well this is the only potentially EDC-able fixed blade I have.....

[IMG]

....which doesn't really work, does it? Legally or practically. I've been looking at that Izula knife though.
    • +1 Supporter

jag-engr Liberal Hall Monitor

Do you carry them in their original sheaths or in custom sheaths? I ask because of the wallet & cell phone sleeve.

solocanoe Empty Pockets

moved the Izula off my hip and to my neck recently....love it, but wanted to carry my HEST more. love it.
    took off the handles so it would blend in with my dark suits and black belts during the week. weekends I don't care.
    wrapped it with black 550 cord to help me secure it to sheath when using the prybar and to always have 6ft or so of it around.
    Molle clips come with it.
    here ya go:
    [IMG]

Bierkameel Loaded Pockets

Both in the original kydex sheaths, I don't really like leather knife sheaths.

WARFIST Banned

[IMG]
    my Gerber Prodigy and my SOG Seal Pup!

Dozer Loaded Pockets

My Spyderco Street Beat goes wherever my backpack goes which is most places.
    [IMG]

rdrogers Loaded Pockets

Great Knives guys!

I have two knives to contribute.

First is my Tops Knives "California Cobra"

Works great with a pair of heavy jeans for inside the waistband carry without a belt!

[IMG]

Next is my Blackhawk "Kalista"

I consider this to be my suit or dress pants knife because if its incredibly thin profile. But it also works fantastic for inside the waistband carry with a belt loop and a belt!

[IMG]

Haven't seen allot of TOPS Knives or Blackhawk in the forum so I figured that they would make two good additions to the thread.
    • +1 Supporter

jag-engr Liberal Hall Monitor

Freestyle,

Just a quick heads up regarding the TOPS California Cobra. Double-edged knives are illegal for carry in most (maybe all) states. In some states a CCW permit will allow you to carry double-edged knives. I just wanted to make sure that you were aware.

If you are knowingly carrying illegally and feel justified in it, that's fine. Please don't use this thread to explain your reasoning, though, as the whole thread would quickly degenerate until it gets locked. Personally, I'm enjoying your thread and I'd rather see where it goes.

sjmack Loaded Pockets

I have been carrying my BRKT Necker around with me at work everyday. I like it so much I am going to probably carry it when I get back to school, depending on DC's knife laws. I have to read through them.

Wire Edge Empty Pockets

One of my favorite all time fixed blade EDC's is of my own design :) Well, I told Tom what I wanted, and he worked his magic! A Krein TK-Tank. CPM-3V steel, 1/4 inch stock, extremely tapered tang, checkered green micarta, kydex sheath

[IMG]
    [IMG]

x65535x Empty Pockets

Man that TK is sweet, love the taper.

To the best of my knowledge.... Double edge knives are resricted in only 5 states.

I VERY well could be wrong.

Now, THAT is an exelent addition to this thread, Great design, Thanks for sharing!

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

I don't know what Wisconsin's knife laws are, but it didn't seem like FA was gloating about breaking laws... If someone wants to look up Wisconsin knife laws be my guest (local laws may very though).

sjmack Loaded Pockets

I don't think jag was saying he was gloating, to me it just seemed like a friendly heads up.
    ChrisJ likes this.

MSCantrell Loaded Pockets

I carry one of my own, in a KSF sheath (with minibic and ferrocerium, plus Maratac aaa and spare aaa).

She's showing some character nowadays!

[IMG]
    [IMG]

solocanoe Empty Pockets

arkansas has some of the most liberal knife laws as so many name brand makers are here....for example ANY person can carry a knife of ANY length....no problem
    but on the double edge...you can possess it, but you can't "use" it...or a dirk, or a spike, etc.... even with a CCW permit

I too thought jag was just giving a heads up. If it's possible to go back to the old forum days, one would find I used to carry a AGRussel Sting all the time - never really considered it a problem, until someone on EDCF pointed it out to me....I did some research of my local knife laws...and yep, it was a problem.

To top that off, many counties and cites in the 3 states I travel for work (OK, AR, and TX) have their own "layers" on knife laws....so I just gave up carrying the double edge knives. Since my CCW IS honored in all 3 states, if I'm down to my knife for SD, it's scrappin' time...and my Hest or Izula will do just fine, assuming I make it out alive.