1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

How do you carry your coins?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by KOKUSHI MUSOU, Oct 21, 2012.

• +2 Supporter

sungame Loaded Pockets

Nice wedding gift! I hope you spent the traveller's checks on a honeymoon.

KOKUSHI MUSOU Loaded Pockets

That's not very promising. I'll still continue searching though.
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

It went for immigration fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chmsam Loaded Pockets

I'm in the US so in the house I just use whatever plastic bottles I can find and keep the pennies separate from the dimes and nickels. Quarters are kept in a candy container so I can use them for vending machines as needed.

However when I'm out or at work I use one of these http://www.coindispenser.com/

The Chawly Changer is a great design and no matter how many you order (even if they are different versions or colors) you only pay one fee for the shipment.

I have one. Don't like how long it takes to store coins and how it only takes certain kinds of coins and only certain amounts.

enenra Loaded Pockets

This is a problem I discovered upon my relocation to Canada. We use Loonies and Twonies ($1 and $2 coins - no paper bills for them) so everyone has these and carries them. On top of that, I take the subway so I like to keep some subway tokens on me.

I found this in one of those mall luggage shops:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

And it almost fits the bill.

Things I like:
    • two pockets to separate coins
    • large enough to accomodate a small later with all those coins
    • zips closed so I don't lose anything
    • keeps coins quiet
    • Soft leather with only a bit of structure in the outsides so it doesn't show much in my pocket
    Things I dislike:
    • The divider that separates the coins doesn't go all the way to the top, so without fail my coins get mixed up. This wouldn't be a big deal, except for the subway tokens that are small and hard to find.
    • When you get too many coins in there, it tends to get bulky.
    This serves its purpose well for now - measures 3" x 3.25" I'm looking for something that has completely separate compartments though.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Black Helmet Loaded Pockets

Only coin I carry is a challenge coin. Other than that they go in my pocket long enough to be downloaded either in change cup at work (coffee fund) or my old bean pot that I keep change and other weird things I find on the ground in at home. It's hard to be sneaky with that jingle in your pocket haha.
    thwippa likes this.

How do you keep your challenge coin apart from your other coins?

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

Well I guess this is how I carry my change. I'm 5'5".
    [IMG]
    mooshisho, enenra, nuphoria and 2 others like this.

Echo2 Loaded Pockets

I cant stand coins loose in my pockets.

I also don't have patience enough to use a pouch.

The center console in my car is usually full of coins.

I also have 5 gallon water jugs with funnels on them at the house and office....that I drop all loose coins into ASAP.

I generally cash it in when I go on vacation.
    mole likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

I don't. It's much larger than any coin we regularly us in the USA (1.75").

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

i collect those awful euro-coins :bomb: in large containers throughout the year. and they finance my winter holiday, every year. and every year i really enjoy the views i get when i bring heavy bags full of coins to the bank:rofl_revamped:
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

Do you carry them in canvas sacks with giant €s stenciled on the sides? Because you totally should.

Ah. Never knew. Just thought that it'd be a shame if someone accidentally spent it.

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

[IMG]
    i know i should. that´ll be my next DIY project. up to now, i carried them in heavy duty plastic bags, which usually are filled with sand or gravel & used on building sites...
    • In Omnia Paratus

Haha never tried, wonder if they'd hook me up for counterfeiting??

Bard Loaded Pockets

where is this found? this thing is bloody awesome! the old world styling really has an appeal.
    bud760 likes this.

Hellz Loaded Pockets

Front right pocket of my jeans. Apart from the other day I had to pay for a £2 car park ticket with a £20 note and the machine gave me £18 change in 50pence pieces...

Had to store them in the front pouch of my Rush 12.
    • In Omnia Paratus

misterS Loaded Pockets

I carry my coins in this little pouch that I made as a kid when I went to "YMCA-Indian Guides" with my dad.
    [IMG]
    • In Omnia Paratus

Oaklington Loaded Pockets

Mine end up in an altoids tin at home, until the day when I go and convert them into paper bills:
    [IMG]