1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I haven't been functional for awhile.

Discussion in 'Forum Functionality Issues' started by JonSidneyB, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

What the hell? Something needs to be done. Is there such a thing as child protective services for adults?

2. Nick4305
    • The Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'll pray My Lord to give you a speed recovery Jon, and hope you have good friends around you who could take care of any kind of help you may need.

Roger likes this.
  3. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Jon,
    Social Services in your municipality needs to get involved. Please allow okiechick to intervene.

kikaida, Water-Rat and Crippletron like this.
  4. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

This is getting the wrong effect.

I wanted a way easier to communicate to a group that I had not forgotten them, that I had completed 75% of my moral obligations but 25% has not been done. Communication one at a time would be hard for me right now. I needed to show people that I am being being very sincere and honest when I say I am limited in how much time I can work each day.

I am trying to figure out how to get close to a major hospital in a place where I know people that also is experiencing a lot of white collar job growth while also trying to fulfill all of my moral obligations.

Last edited by JonSidneyB, Aug 7, 2016
  5. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Got it. Best of luck with your efforts. Hope that you get well soon.

JonSidneyB likes this.
  6. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Wow...just WOW! I'm just in shock reading this (albeit late)! I feel compelled to post a couple things, and I hope I'm not too far "out of school" doing so.

First; Jon, I sincerely hope you are doing better. From reading all 10 pages of this thread it looks like you've been through quite an ordeal. I wish you the best and a full recovery.

Second; (and I say this with all due respect, despite how it may be painful to read. I sincerely mean no harm, in fact quite the opposite. Please do not take what I am about to say the wrong way)...

DUDE, you need to get a SERIOUS handle on this...and like RIGHT NOW!!! Fail to do so and you're going to be pushin' up daisies while takin' a really long dirt-nap! I'm not kidding either! I applaud your desire to meet your "moral obligations", but right now your single biggest moral obligation is to yourself and getting better! There is no taller order. Period. I'm not a big on religion when it comes to things like death. To me, death is just silence and darkness spent inside a pine box. The good you can do in this world and to the people in it can only be done from 'above' the turf. Once you're under it, it's GAME OVER! History and memories are all that is left. Don't be..."that guy"!

I sincerely hope the reason you haven't posted in over 2 months is because you are diligently focusing on just this..."yourself". You have created a very nice 'place' on the internet, a place called EDCF. In many respects you've made a "mark" that few others can achieve. I'm a member of only three forums on the Internet, and EDCF is one of them. On one of those forums I have in excess of 30,000 posts (it's a firearms forum). My only reason for telling you this is to illustrate I am no rookie when it comes to the interwebz. I would be very proud to have created a place like EDCF, a place so full of enthusiasm, vibrancy and interest. To keep the legacy alive...you have to keep YOU alive.

In truth, I hope you are reading this post with your feet up on the porch railing, knocking back a cold beer and laughing at me for being such an idiot to post this when it is no longer applicable. That is my sincere wish. If this is not the case, then get with the program...and get better!

Best, Bob

7. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Indeed, it's called Adult Protective Services where I live, which is part of the DHHS (Department of Health and Human Services). The pictures alone show he's not able to take care of himself properly and DHHS should put him in an assisted living facility until he can care for himself. The thing is, this is voluntary and he has to agree to it.

Mumbojumboo likes this.