1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

I'm baaaaack... and Surefire EB1 Backup first impressions

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by carrot, Jun 20, 2013.

• +1 Supporter

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

The cycle mode should be the same based on whichever head you're using - the specific body/tailcap has no impact on the mode switching contained in the head.

If that makes any sense - it's early still.
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

Carrot says the same head supports both hi/lo and lo/hi UIs. If so, then the switch does determine the mode priority. I guess my example would result in high then low?

carrot Loaded Pockets

The EB1 head will work just like your E1B when screwed onto a clicky body. The head is a little bigger than the old one though. If you have to buy the full light I recommend going with the EB1-T so that you have the option to go 2-stage twisty if you like.

Just tested.
    [IMG]
    bigfoot likes this.

carrot Loaded Pockets

It's counter-intuitive to expect the switch to change the operation of the light, but there is clearly voodoo magic going on in that EB1 head. Very cool stuff.
    tmedina likes this.