1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

KD7DVD's Infamous Bags 1, 2, 3, and 4, and other EDC Topics

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by kd7dvd, Jul 6, 2012.

• In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

I clearly need to buy more stuff....:rolleyes:
    Americanozzy likes this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

FIXED!;)
    Fukurai, kd7dvd and mooshisho like this.

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

Ahahah! That kitty is awesome! *pose* *pose*

headphone amps/ bass boosters!

I've been looking at these forever..I'm about to just buy an iphone wallet so I can have everything in a Skinth and nothing in my pockets...lol
    REally love those though...might reconfigure... :p
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

• In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

• +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

I like it being smaller, adn the notches are exactly where I told them they should put them. Its everything I wanted:/
    I was considering ordering it and then seein if I could BST this one:)
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

THEY LISTENED TO YOU??!??!

How can I not get one? :D
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

I guess. I asked them for an email so I could send them a drawing, to explain what I had in mind better, but IIRC, they never answered my request for an email address. So now that I think about it, I don't think they got the idea from me exactly, but that was the idea I tried to convey.
    Really, by the time I got this one, I didn't care anymore:/
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

So NO. I wont claim that it was my idea. Just that I had the same idea, in the first place, when they were talking about a center plate and notches to help you access the different contents.
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

So, what you're saying is that great minds, like sewers, oft run in the same channels... :D
    Fukurai and SAKplumber like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

I am waiting for my Mini HuMn... They should be sending out the surveys soon.
    kd7dvd likes this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

I missed out. Just checked the kickstarter page and they reached their deadline 5 days ago.

I was heavily considering buying a finer grinding wheel and grindin mine down to size:) I may try it out on the bottom of the center plate I have. That way if I don't like what it does to the anodizing then no harm, no foul. Any suggestions?
    kd7dvd likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

As alluded to by ac7ss here, I did indeed go to the Tom Bihn Factory Outlet.

After some due consideration, and with the able assistance of Trevor, the poor soul who was staffing the lion's den (who looked a little ... um ... well I brought a lot of stuff with me to shove into packs to make sure I got one that fit.)

Well, without further ado, please meet Bag #4, the successor to Bag #1: The Tom Bihn Brain Bag!

[IMG]

A small pouch at the top outside for those really critical items:
    [IMG]

A mesh pocket on one of the admin flaps, presumably for radios (or dirty socks, whatever):

[IMG]

The inside of the admin pocket with the all-important slide rule and a flashlight:

[IMG]

The other admin pocket. They're both the same size, but the interior pockets are a little different.

[IMG]

One accessory I bought is the Snake Charmer,

[IMG]

It fits into the top of the bag, but doesn't really attach to anything. (What keeps it in the top of the bag, Preciouss? We'll see....)

First, some accessories...Batteries, cables, etc...

[IMG]

It has two separate pouches ...

[IMG]

And it stays at the top of the bag because there's something at the bottom holding it up!!

[IMG]

What on earth is that? It's a Horizontal Brain Cell, a padded sleeve for a laptop:

[IMG]

It fits snug in the bottom of the bag...and keeps the laptop snug (a perfect fit!)

[IMG]

For stability, it clips to one of the two internal straps (which are not MOLLE, alas)...

[IMG]

These are the clips, they hinge open and snap shut...

[IMG]

The pack is looking kind of full with the Brain Cell in the bottom and the Snake Charmer up top. BUT! The Brain Bag has not one, but TWO "main" pockets!!

Enough room for a whole nother computer and maybe some extra stuff. Like a Skinth!

[IMG]

I don't think I'd do that every day, but it's nice to see the Skinth clips to the non-MOLLE strap in a pinch (using the stainless steel belt clip on the Skinth.)

Because, even with computers, two is one and one is none!

[IMG]

OK, that's it! Please don't quote the whole post if you have a question or comment, all right? :))
    GrayMouser, Gh0st, e2dwml and 7 others like this.
    • Sponsor MFR

TOM BIHN Crew Loaded Pockets

Quite awesome photos, especially the interior shots. Mind if we repost on our blog? With credit and a link, of course.
    Fukurai likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

Feel free, and thanks for asking! :)
    Fukurai likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai Loaded Pockets

Very nice loadout in a very nice bag. I really like how all the parts fit together. Great work!

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

I like the organization! Thanks for sharing!
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

I just scored a lovely Unikit from CapnBart and naturally I'm looking for things to do with it. Here's attempt number 1: Five Band Amateur Transceiver Kit

[IMG]
    [IMG]

• Alinco DJ-G29 222/902 MHz dual bander
    • Alinco DJ-G7 144/430/1240 MHz tri-bander
    • Antennas
    • Programming cable
    • AC adapter
    • manuals
    The radio batteries are interchangable, so one can be charging while the other is in use (considering the unlikelihood of needing both radios at once). Alas, the drop-in charger didn't fit in the bag.