1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

KFU Custom Knives Wide Blade EDC (Photo Heavy)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by The Warrior, Sep 5, 2011.

The Warrior Loaded Pockets

Got this EDC knife from KFU Customs. Really love this thing. Just the right size to EDC, sharp as can be, and a really nice squared spine. Should throw tons of sparks.

Specs:

1/8" Aldos 1095
    3 3/4" handle (Scales made of beautiful Quilted Sapele)
    3" blade (Antiqued)
    SS hardware
    High convex edge

Photos:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • +3 Supporter
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Belush2 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Very Sweet!!

Very nice wood scales...the grain is beautiful!!

The antiqued blade is different...interesting...is it textured or smooth patina?

Great photographs!!O0

Thanks. Well, it's mildly textured, but hard to feel though, if that makes any sense.

KFU Knives Loaded Pockets

Looking good bro, I really like your pics. It really shows the "used" look I try and get. It makes the buyer not worry about taking it out and using it right away. Hope its getting used and staying sharp for ya!
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Both my KFU EDC & my KFU WharnieSheepie are users....and both are still air-bleeding sharp! That's the beauty of Aldo 1095 steel.

Yes; lightly 'textured',but no noticeable friction,even when slicing for meal prep.

More of a patina,than a texture.

Actually,I need to order a few more....if KFU's entry wins the Necker knife contest over on Blade,I'm afraid his prices are gonna jump outta this po' man's range....and: he's competing with 17 other custom knifemakers,including his mentor: BA of Backwoods Custom Knives....lemme put it another way: there ain't a manjack in that contest whose knives I wouldn't be proud to own!

Good luck to our members: KFU & BA.

~Gnarly :evilgrin:

Thanks Gnarly, and yes, you need to order more! I just hope to compete well in the ergonomic and cutting chores. There are some really good and seasoned makers in the competition and I want to see how my knives perform against the big dogs. Only a month away!

Oh, and I can do the finish smooth or textured.

sweetdaddyroses Loaded Pockets

that last pic is just out and out obscene! best :censored: i've seen in quite some time.

Thanks brother. I love that "used" look.

Right, more of a patina.

Thanks, appreciated. These are some sweet freakin blades.
    • +1 Supporter

ATF Loaded Pockets

Wow, that's one beautiful knife. Great work, KFU!
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

:laugh:

:agree:

Ya'll both really oughta check out the BA/KFU subForum.....you'd fit right in!
    It's like a trip to Droolville.... :crackup: ....and they're both selling incredible customs, for less than half what they're worth!

Shhhhh...with that last part :tickedoff: Obviously: they don't know it.

Just ask tower or sveqs or The Warrior or IMWilson or JUS1MOR....

or ask the 'Vegas MadMan: GRIFFINHAWKS,who is doing some custom kydex/leather/hybrid stuff for them...with shocking results,as you may imagine.<<< Picture this: old-world patina'd Aldo 1095 + exotic wood meets: Ted Nugents' Journey To The Center Of Your Mind with an Outer Limits/OtherWorldly twist! >>>

Yup; ya'll would fit right in!

In fact: tell 'em Gnarly sent you!

:evilgrin:

Primate Tools Loaded Pockets

Nice looking knife and great pics. Well done, thanks for posting.

Hell yes, I love this thing. I guarantee there's more KFU blades in my near future.

Thanks, appreciated.

Thanks guys!

You're welcome brother. Looking forward to more of your creations. You're my favorite custom knife maker.
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON Loaded Pockets

Go with the textured if you get one of KFU's knives. Trust me folks, it just looks
    "right" with these knives. Don't get me wrong, the smooth satin finish looks good
    too. But that antique finish gets better looking each time you pick up the knife.
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

Been camping since friday morning KFU knife has been the primary implement cooking and cutting guide line.
    I like the rustic finish you don't have to worry about scratches and thus far it is kicking butt.
    Can't wait to cut some deer.

It does look right, and I couldn't agree more about not having to worry about the finish. KFU (Knives For Users) is such an appropriate name.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Ridin' mine like I stole 'em!

~Gnarly :evilgrin:

sveqs Loaded Pockets

OK please someone explain to me how I missed this thread?
    This knife looks amazing, and that's no accident
    Chris (KFU) must have created about a dozen different designs in his young career, and each one looks better and more mature than the one before

I hope to give some photographic impressions of my own KGU+GH collab recurve wharncliffe (see, now I talk like Gnarly :lolhammer:) within a few days, I haven't been able to play with it as much as I should have (which is, lemmesee, I have had it for eight days, times 24... a lot!)

Warrior, your photos are amazing, they really do the knife justice

One thing: did I miss it, or did Chris not put his maker's mark on this superb piece of hardware?

Thanks, appreciated. I put lots of time into my photos. Good to see people liking them.

The mark is there, but it's covered in the patina. When the knife was for sale, you could see it clearly in the photos. Not sure why or how it got covered up.