1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Knife as a suspension clip

Discussion in 'Knives' started by kyguylal, Oct 31, 2013.

kyguylal Loaded Pockets

I'm looking into the idea of using a small folding knife as a suspension clip for my keys. I'm looking for a small knife with a pocket clip that has a hole for a key ring on the bottom.

I'm looking at the Kershaw chive or scallion as I have always had good luck with the brand. Would prefer spring assisted. Not a spyderco fan.

Any suggestions? Looking to stay relatively cheaper as it will get abused. Won't be a primary use knife anyways as I always have either a SAK or an Izula depending on the day

Thanks guys!

netcat Loaded Pockets

Alltogether, I would suggest a CRKT KISS:
    1. Tip Down carry and a key ring
    2. Not too expensive
    3. Quite some style (from my point of view)
    I doubt that you will find a cheap, assisted knife which offers good value for the money.
    certifiednut likes this.

Blerv Loaded Pockets

I've only used Spyderco's because I dig the brand and they know how to make a clip. The Cricket and Spin are thin SS knives and work wonderfully.

That said, if you don't like those, Netcat's suggestion is great. Something tip-down (or 4-way interchangeable) with a lanyard hole, small, thin, with a sturdy clip. Perhaps the Boker Subclaw in the Forum Store? Pretty sure from internet pictures those are 4-way reversible and remember them being quite flat in pocket.

http://www.jsburlys.com/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=01BO585

KODIAKman Loaded Pockets

I've used the boker keycom on occasion and it works well for me.
    edit: oops missed the assisted requirement.