1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Knife as a suspension clip

Discussion in 'Knives' started by kyguylal, Oct 31, 2013.

• +1 Supporter

kyguylal Loaded Pockets

I'm looking into the idea of using a small folding knife as a suspension clip for my keys. I'm looking for a small knife with a pocket clip that has a hole for a key ring on the bottom.

I'm looking at the Kershaw chive or scallion as I have always had good luck with the brand. Would prefer spring assisted. Not a spyderco fan.

Any suggestions? Looking to stay relatively cheaper as it will get abused. Won't be a primary use knife anyways as I always have either a SAK or an Izula depending on the day

Thanks guys!

netcat Loaded Pockets

Alltogether, I would suggest a CRKT KISS:
    1. Tip Down carry and a key ring
    2. Not too expensive
    3. Quite some style (from my point of view)
    I doubt that you will find a cheap, assisted knife which offers good value for the money.
    certifiednut likes this.

Blerv Loaded Pockets

I've only used Spyderco's because I dig the brand and they know how to make a clip. The Cricket and Spin are thin SS knives and work wonderfully.

That said, if you don't like those, Netcat's suggestion is great. Something tip-down (or 4-way interchangeable) with a lanyard hole, small, thin, with a sturdy clip. Perhaps the Boker Subclaw in the Forum Store? Pretty sure from internet pictures those are 4-way reversible and remember them being quite flat in pocket.

http://www.jsburlys.com/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=01BO585

KODIAKman Loaded Pockets

I've used the boker keycom on occasion and it works well for me.
    edit: oops missed the assisted requirement.