1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Last thing you illuminated (used your flashlight)?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by DIlan, Oct 19, 2016.

1. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

I use my flashlights daily/nightly for something or other (usually seeing better in some low light situation), BUT I suppose the most recent "official" use of my flashlight was going out into the woods and finding my way to the deer stand before daylight to go hunting over the past couple of weeks.

2. shane hughes

shane hughes Empty Pockets

my road that i live on has streets light that stopped working the past few nights.. lucky had my flashlight side note :was on my way to see the new star wars movie.

3. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

One of my students couldn't find his journal this morning. My Olight i3s lit up the inside of his desk so we could find it. Last night I used the i3s to goof around playing hide and go seek in a dark room with some kids at church.

4. purplelady

purplelady Loaded Pockets

Yesterday I used mine to look in my pots and pans cabinet looking for a pan. I also used it to look at my cat's butt to check for worms.

Water-Rat likes this.
  5. KravenTheHunter

KravenTheHunter Loaded Pockets

The floor. Used my Nitecore MT2A to look for legos in the carpet. My 5 year old son lost a few of the small, round lego pieces need for his space ship boosters.

Water-Rat likes this.
  6. twoisone
    • The Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Don't worry, light or not, you'll find them for sure with your feet anyway! (painfully)

Water-Rat likes this.
  7. KravenTheHunter

KravenTheHunter Loaded Pockets

Oh, no worries. I found them after about 3 minutes of searching. Space ship now has assembled boosters and lego man is patrolling the galaxy. We're all safe..for now.

8. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I used my Titan Plus to illuminate a menu.

9. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

I used the red LED on my Oveready v5 to check on my daughter and pull down the blanket she rolled out from under. #dadlife

10. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I used my Olight i3s several times in the attic when packing away the outside Christmas decorations. There's lights up there, but when you're working in the corners, your body is in between the light and what you need to see, so having the Olight balanced against a stack of boxes really helped. Later, I had my titanium innovations illuminati clipped to my ball cap brim while I returned some cinder blocks that had been used to hold down the outside Christmas decorations to the backyard pile. It's nice to have that hands free option so I don't have to set the light down to get work done.

twoisone likes this.
  11. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Zebralight SC600w III Hi and H600Fd III to see a bit better putting up a roller blind.

12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

So a few weeks ago I was asleep and woke up in the middle of the night and saw what looked to me at the time like an Alien Space Craft landing next to my house!
    I sat up fast and tried to understand what the hell was happening and got up and looked outside and it turns out that my Neighbor had gotten one of those silly mirror balls for her lawn and had a small light pointed at it while it turned?\Freaked me out and was stupid too!

So Yesterday I received my Convoy C8 in the mail and stuck an 18650 in it and even during the daylight I could tell this light was direct from HELL!

So of course last night I hit the Mirror Ball with it a little while after the neighbors lights went out for the night!
    Lights came on,the front door opened and she looked out and saw me and just stood there for a minute and turned around and went inside.

I don't know about you but that was better than XMas for me!

13. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

LOL looking for dog poop to pick up after my dog did her business in some ones yard during our walk last night. I use mine several times a day though. Searching for things in the closet or cabinets etc.
    Mid Missouri is about to have an ice storm tomorrow so I'll have a couple lights scattered around the house and one on me plus extra batteries since we could lose power. My two most used lights are my streamlight Micro Stream which is on my person at all times. (the dog poop finder). And my 5.11 TMT A1. If I should lose power this weekend though, I'll mostly rely on my rechargeable Coleman lantern. I have two fully charged rechargeable batter packs for it and one that uses C cell batteries with 2 rounds of batteries for it. I'll have light for several nights if need be.

Water-Rat likes this.
  14. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Here in STL myself!
    When I heard the news this morning listing the stuff I should make sure I had handy I thought,hmmm maybe I should get a few more lights?
    Maybe not!

This is our signature weather event for Winter too,remember the one in '06 that last paralyzed the region?
    Good Times for me!
    I just move into my Egg in the driveway which is easy to keep going on Propane for a good long time and pretend I am camping,well I am camping just in my own driveway.[​IMG]

Water-Rat likes this.
  15. dhw46725

dhw46725 Empty Pockets

Checked the yard for chickens before locking the coop doors for the night. My old Surefire 6P still illuminates the yard just as if it were daylight.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk