1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Leatherman Surge

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Dec 31, 2010.

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

I don't know what to say about this multi tool other than its sweet! I carried a victorinox swisstool before the surge and I have to say, i'm warming up to leatherman. I was never very impressed with them, but the surge and charge tti are two of my favorite models from them. I will at some point pick up the charge tti also, but the surge will probably be my edc for a while. The pliers are smooth with no play, i like how they have the pliers setup so as youre opening its easy, and then locks into place. This is caused by a piece on the plier head shaped similar to a very acute triangle. There are a scissor like piece on the handle themselves that spreads as the triangular piece pushed through the center of it. I don't really know how to explain it lol. But anyways, it's a solid tool! I got the bit kit and extender with it, and also put a AAA microstream flashlight in the sheath. Carries well, i carry it horizontally above my left front pocket.

pathalogical Loaded Pockets

I also picked a Surge (date stamp 0111) less than a week ago. BIG tool no doubt. But, what's up with that skinny, thin saw blade ? There is definitely room in the handle to make the saw as thick as the two blades.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Enkidu Loaded Pockets

I really really love my surge, best MT I had sofar..

The Surge has a (exchangable) Bosch "T" (saw)blade holder..well.....Mine has (you sure you have a Surge??), very cool as it allows a broad variety of (saw/file) blades to be used.
    I bought a Bosch ceramic, diamond, and (2 different, ferro and non ferro) metal saws that I carry in the plastic saw/file slipcover/case that came with the surge.

Half the bitset (with bits I use the most) is in the leather sheath back elastic pocket, together with the extra saw/file blades.
    A CC prybar in the left elastic pocket, and a fenix E01 in the right elastic pocket.

little offtopic, but I bought the LM Surge+bit set+leather sheath+Maglite solitaire (which I gave to my 6Y old son who loves it) as a set for 107 euros INCLUDING SHIPPING, (although this offer is not longer valid), this might not seem like a great deal to the USA people, it sure is to us Dutchies ;) (cause the Surge alone goes for around 130,- here)

For anyone in Europe who is looking for THE BEST price for a LM,Sunwayman flashlight and/or some other cool stuff, take a look on this website http://americanexports.nl/category/39/Leatherman.htm (I'm NOT affiliated !!!! Just a very happy customer.)

And you'll see you can't beat those prices!!