1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Leatherman Surge

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Dec 31, 2010.

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

I don't know what to say about this multi tool other than its sweet! I carried a victorinox swisstool before the surge and I have to say, i'm warming up to leatherman. I was never very impressed with them, but the surge and charge tti are two of my favorite models from them. I will at some point pick up the charge tti also, but the surge will probably be my edc for a while. The pliers are smooth with no play, i like how they have the pliers setup so as youre opening its easy, and then locks into place. This is caused by a piece on the plier head shaped similar to a very acute triangle. There are a scissor like piece on the handle themselves that spreads as the triangular piece pushed through the center of it. I don't really know how to explain it lol. But anyways, it's a solid tool! I got the bit kit and extender with it, and also put a AAA microstream flashlight in the sheath. Carries well, i carry it horizontally above my left front pocket.

pathalogical Loaded Pockets

I also picked a Surge (date stamp 0111) less than a week ago. BIG tool no doubt. But, what's up with that skinny, thin saw blade ? There is definitely room in the handle to make the saw as thick as the two blades.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Enkidu Loaded Pockets

I really really love my surge, best MT I had sofar..

The Surge has a (exchangable) Bosch "T" (saw)blade holder..well.....Mine has (you sure you have a Surge??), very cool as it allows a broad variety of (saw/file) blades to be used.
    I bought a Bosch ceramic, diamond, and (2 different, ferro and non ferro) metal saws that I carry in the plastic saw/file slipcover/case that came with the surge.

Half the bitset (with bits I use the most) is in the leather sheath back elastic pocket, together with the extra saw/file blades.
    A CC prybar in the left elastic pocket, and a fenix E01 in the right elastic pocket.

little offtopic, but I bought the LM Surge+bit set+leather sheath+Maglite solitaire (which I gave to my 6Y old son who loves it) as a set for 107 euros INCLUDING SHIPPING, (although this offer is not longer valid), this might not seem like a great deal to the USA people, it sure is to us Dutchies ;) (cause the Surge alone goes for around 130,- here)

For anyone in Europe who is looking for THE BEST price for a LM,Sunwayman flashlight and/or some other cool stuff, take a look on this website http://americanexports.nl/category/39/Leatherman.htm (I'm NOT affiliated !!!! Just a very happy customer.)

And you'll see you can't beat those prices!!