1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Maxpedition Sitka Pics Thread?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by willydigger, Sep 1, 2011.

willydigger Loaded Pockets

I have a "new to me" MaxPed Sitka coming my way and I'm looking for a collection of pics. Specifically pics with patches, extra pouches (with names), and overall outside setup. I'm not real interested in what's in it or stats, just what you've done to personalize it. Now if you have pouches or hook and loop organizers inside, I'd love to see that as well.

I have a khaki model arriving and if you have khaki I'd love to see it. All models are welcome of course! If there is a thread the search has missed a link would be great.

Thanks in advance. ;D

Here are a couple shots of my new sitka. Below is the test fit of a MaxPed Fatty and the near worthless cocoon in the water bottle pocket. I've got a 3x5 and a khaki fatty on order. I wanted to get the speed clips but couldn't justify almost $20 for plastic clips.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    MartialServantofGod likes this.

SemperFly Loaded Pockets

I keep mine pretty bare on the outside though I've been considering putting an extra paxped edc pouch on the outside. Just haven't found a use for it yet and not sure if it'll clash with my ocd desire for a smooth appearance. I do like the setups I'm seeing in this thread, though. Even a simple patch would be nice to start with.

Crco Loaded Pockets

As an experienced Sitka user (and other MaxPed Gearslingers), you'll find that the less you have attached to the outside ... and the more you are carrying on the inside .... the better your load distribution, load security and load silence will be. Besides, it looks ridiculous to have stuff bouncing around the outside of your pack and invites unwanted attention. Sleek, lean with no crazy external eye-candy is the best way to roll with your Sitka.

Attached pouches should be kept to a minimum and as low-profile as possible. For extreme comfort, don't carry more than 10 lbs. - preferably no more than 8 lbs. If you need an accompanying pouch of some sort, think about getting a Maxped belt pouch. You don't want the "slinging" mechanics of your Gearslinger to be impeded in anyway.

Thanks for the advice Crco. I'm planning to add and EDC organizer and 3x5 pouch. I think that's relatively basic. I opted for the Fatty so I don't overload the regular Organizer. I plan for this to be a lightweight bag and maybe picking up a Condor or RUSH 24 for longer trips.

EDC Fatty and 3x5 arrived. The 3x5 uses 3-inch tac-ties on the bottom side (not the extra flap at the base of the strap). The EDC uses 5-inch tac-ties to keep it close and tight. I'm satisfied with it, but hindsight says I should have done a regular EDC organizer and a barnacle for a vertical side pouch. The 3x5 fits okay and I really like it's layout. Both add-ons don't hamper the swing action and both pouches are accessible in the front facing position.

Regarding the tac-ties. There is a flimsy side with the stitching and a stiffer side with the buckle. The instructions for weaving show that you should weave the flimsy side. I tried that and the pouch was loose. Instead I used the stiffer side to weave through the webbing. This kept things tight and secure. Although the tac-ties are relatively inexpensive, I think with larger pouches it "might" be a better option to go with a Blackhawk Speed Clip. There is still a lot of flex in the Sitka pocket and the Fatty so it may not make a difference. Also I have all 4 5-inch tac-ties in to keep it tight and rigid.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Here are some updated pics with the Fatty removed and the Mini added.

[IMG]

[IMG]

ltbarber Loaded Pockets

I love this rig!

Haubitz Loaded Pockets

Here are a few pics of my OD Sitka. It has reflective dust apparently. It has a cocoon on the side with a 5 inch tactie and a mini on the front with a 5 inch tactie.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Here is a close up of my turks head zipper pull with the flash off.
    [IMG]

Here is a shot of how I secure the cocoon zipper so gravity and jostling doesn't open it.
    [IMG]

cubegleamer Loaded Pockets

Here's a shot of mine. I tried to attach an Anemone, Janus & a Pocket Organizer... But It functions best like this.
    [IMG]

The one thing I have attached is an Esse 6. The Molle Sheath makes it blend in. Nobody really sees it unless I point it out to them.
    [IMG]

Crco Loaded Pockets

I like that knife setup, Cubegleamer. I'm looking at that sheath on Esee's web site and I'm a little confused. Does the Altoids kit sheath come with the knife sheath already all-combined when you buy the master sheath unit?

Thanks!

cubegleamer Loaded Pockets

I had to buy the altoids kit separately. Check Amazon and eBay. There are some people that sell whole deal together. The flap that folds over the knife handle is genius. It's a great set-up. I'll post a few photos of what I carry in the Sitka later. This is a great bag.