1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Mini pry bars

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by 2die4, Jan 18, 2012.

2die4 Loaded Pockets

So as I construct the perfect EDC bag I have been wondering do I need a mini pry bars/key chain pry bars? So I am curious about the other mini pry bar owners out there. Have you used your tool or is it collecting dust in your EDC bag?
    • +1 Supporter

ATF Loaded Pockets

I've only used mine like once or twice. Personally, I could go without it.
    low_down likes this.
  1. good thread, im wanting one myself
    They seem handy (and cheap), but at the same time, I rarely think "Man, I wish I had something to pry this up with!"

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Mine get used as a bottle opener. They are generally too small to pry anything and tips too thick to lift a staple. If I didn't have one, it would be no big deal.

2die4 Loaded Pockets

Exactly!
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

I have rarely used one but I have damaged the tip of a knife many times as I didn't have the right tool at the time. I think of them more as a knife tip saver, in all cases where a mini-prybar would have worked the knife worked fine for the job but unfortunately it sometimes resulted in a damaged blade.
    warchild likes this.

CatfishTX Loaded Pockets

I have one but it rarely sees action. I am a white collar guy, so my multitool handles most jobs. I still like it, but I probably would replace it if I lost it.

2die4 Loaded Pockets

John you bring up a good point about it being a tip saver. Never thought of it that way.
    Mammoth likes this.

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I used to carry a Gerber Artifact on my keyring but took it off due to not using it. I have one of these in my backpack
    [IMG]
    But I haven't needed it for prying yet. Maybe one day...
    ManVsLawn likes this.

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

For carry in a bag, I wouldn't bother with a mini one. A bigger one can come in handy. If you have an old car, and the trunk sticks . . . There you go.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Azwaiian Loaded Pockets

I've looked at pry bars, in various sizes, many times, but I've never purchased one. I keep thinking that I've never needed one before, so why buy one. I'm going to keep coming back to this thread, to see how if those who EDC a pry bar, use them a lot.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

I take it you wouldn't plan to carry it in the trunk. :)
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

I'm a blue collar, tax payin', backbone of the country kinda guy. I use mine often. But then I spend 6-10 hrs a day, 5-6 days a week, running to the truck for a tool.

I carry a 4" County Comm WidgeyBar in my VIC's pouch and use it daily. Well I didn't use it today. I gave 3 estimates and made nice on a couple of guys call backs for them today. Didn't actually use a tool for work today. Did have to get my tweezers out for a guy to get a splinter out, but that's a different thread.

[IMG]
    EDC 023 by SAKplumber, on Flickr
    [IMG]
    VictorinoxSpirit Plu Ratchet w/ a 4" Widgey Bar by SAKplumber, on Flickr
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

:) I always figured that if you ever damaged a knife tip you just found a use for a mini-pry bar.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Clever! :laugh:

JAfromMn Banned

I use my pocket tool all the time for scraping and prying. I Also got a small pry bar in my bag that hardly ever get's used.

I'm no help;D

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

The ones used to open paint cans can be useful. Cut the curved end off and it fits OK on a keychain.
    [IMG]
    Doraemon likes this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Don't you have some of these for sale on the Buy-Sell-Trade thread?
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

JAfromMn Banned

^Good idea Hatchetjack

I should cut the one in my bag down I'd probable use it more.