1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Modded Mora Classic #2 hunting/camping knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by David L. Holt, Mar 24, 2013.

David L. Holt Loaded Pockets

I modded my Mora #2 to work as a small survival kit, as well as make it a bit more functional. On the knife itself I stripped the paint and finished it with boiled linseed oil, I carved some grooves in the handle to aid with grip as well. I added a 1/4 teaspoon bow-drill divot. I also added an indentation for an index finger, gimped the spine, and flattened a section of it to work with a firesteel. I installed a tiny brass compass in the but of the knife, and a fob to give better grip and a bit of extension for chopping.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The top of the sheath has a rangerband around it and tucked into the opening to aid retention. The rest of the sheath is covered with ranger bands with hold survival gear to the sheath. There is a firesteel, several pieces of quik-tinder, 2 fish hooks, 30 ft of fishing line, a needle and waxed poly thread, a thumb-lite, 2 gallons worth of iodine tablets, and a piece of 600 grit wet/dry sand paper taped to the sheath to touch up the edge if needed.
    [IMG]

I'm pretty happy with it. Slim profile and provides water, 2 forms of fire, light, and ways to get food.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

jeepsrjason Loaded Pockets

Pretty sweet mods!

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Nice work!
    • In Omnia Paratus

Eagle Scout Loaded Pockets

WOW. That bow drill divot out of a teaspoon is brilliant! I do like a good high carbon scandi fixed blade. Yours looks great.
    David L. Holt likes this.

Dan Jones Empty Pockets

That is pretty awesome.
    Agent Berry likes this.