1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Modded Mora Classic #2 hunting/camping knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by David L. Holt, Mar 24, 2013.

David L. Holt Loaded Pockets

I modded my Mora #2 to work as a small survival kit, as well as make it a bit more functional. On the knife itself I stripped the paint and finished it with boiled linseed oil, I carved some grooves in the handle to aid with grip as well. I added a 1/4 teaspoon bow-drill divot. I also added an indentation for an index finger, gimped the spine, and flattened a section of it to work with a firesteel. I installed a tiny brass compass in the but of the knife, and a fob to give better grip and a bit of extension for chopping.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The top of the sheath has a rangerband around it and tucked into the opening to aid retention. The rest of the sheath is covered with ranger bands with hold survival gear to the sheath. There is a firesteel, several pieces of quik-tinder, 2 fish hooks, 30 ft of fishing line, a needle and waxed poly thread, a thumb-lite, 2 gallons worth of iodine tablets, and a piece of 600 grit wet/dry sand paper taped to the sheath to touch up the edge if needed.
    [IMG]

I'm pretty happy with it. Slim profile and provides water, 2 forms of fire, light, and ways to get food.
    • In Omnia Paratus

jeepsrjason Loaded Pockets

Pretty sweet mods!

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Nice work!
    • In Omnia Paratus

Eagle Scout Loaded Pockets

WOW. That bow drill divot out of a teaspoon is brilliant! I do like a good high carbon scandi fixed blade. Yours looks great.
    David L. Holt likes this.

Dan Jones Empty Pockets

That is pretty awesome.
    Agent Berry likes this.