1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

My first lanyard

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by Chadtheguru, Nov 9, 2012.

Chadtheguru Loaded Pockets

I ordered some paracord pretty immediately after finding this forum and perusing you guys' awesome stuff. It arrived yesterday and here is my first lanyard attempt. It is 6" long including the loop.

[IMG]

The first attempts were way too long. I untied and retied about four times. The last time I had a lot left over so I cobra stitched it backward to make the fat part. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.
    JBenjimin and jph0200 like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

:) Good job! :D I think it looks great! ;) And I'm not saying that just to be nice, either.
    Chadtheguru likes this.
    • Administrator

xbanker Ad Hoc Admin

Nice work Chad! And more importantly, you've taken that all-important first step, which often means you're hooked! Suddenly, everything becomes a potential candidate for a lanyard or fob. :) And you find yourself ordering more paracord in all those nifty patterns and colors. Then you discover the glow-in-the-dark and reflective versions. It's a slippery — but enjoyable — slope!
    Eastwood, schlieb and Chadtheguru like this.

Chadtheguru Loaded Pockets

Nobody told me how addicting this could be... :p

[IMG][IMG]

Gollum24601 Loaded Pockets