1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

New Generation Glock with the Fish Gills

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Lothaen, Mar 2, 2009.

Lothaen Empty Pockets

image link

Anyone seen this yet?

I saw one at a local shop / range and reflected on mans complete satisfaction to make something new and improved to the point were it becomes ugly. Humanity cant leave well enough alone.

So, I ask to have it pulled out of the case next to a prior, modern glock.

Wow. Aside from its not so amazing looks, that Textured grip was like skateboard deck tape. Once I wrapped my hands around the weapon I felt as though it was locked into place with a vice. Impressive.

The serrations didn't do anything for me. Charging the weapon felt exactly the same as other gen glocks.

I might pick one up sooner or later once the G19 is offered in this style. I was that impressed by the grip texture. Never have I had a gun feel so secure in my grip.

Bravo glock, you made something uglier at the cost of more functionality. Thats what I want to see more companies do... not just make their product ugly for the sake of a re-design.
    :knuppel2:

Hotlinked image removed and replaced with a link.
    Please see "What is Hot Linking, and why isn't it allowed?" in the FAQ.
    Also, please see How to and Where to host pictures.

-Valolammas
    :baa:

*Hawk* Loaded Pockets

Fish Gills :laugh:

I have yet to see one. I was wondering about their new finish on the frame.
    Thank you for the write up.

skoalsoldier Empty Pockets

:highfive: Thanks Lothaen for the little review. I was wondering about the gripping surface of the new pistols. I'm same as you, prolly gonna pick one up when it comes out for the 19. What I would really like to see is the new RTF2 frame on the old style slides without the alien breathing apparatus hehe.

Codeman Loaded Pockets

I've put skateboard-style tape on both of the Glocks that I've owned. It's nice to see them adding such texture it at the factory!

From what I can tell by the photo, the "gills" look to be easier to keep clean than the inner corners of the old style grooves.

greenLED Empty Pockets

Those Gills remind me of the M&P.
    • Administrator

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Welcome to EDCF, Lothaen!

muddyboots_73 Empty Pockets

I saw one at the shop I work at and thought that maybe I could use it to Exfoliate my skin makeing it look healthier and more radiant...maybe even get rid of some of the callouses. :woohoo:

Seiko Empty Pockets

This is what I think of glocks finger grooves.

[img width=640 height=372]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2380/2187934325_6189d76688_o.jpg[/img]

The fish scale cocking serrations don't bother me, but man do I hate finger grooves on ANY gun.

muddyboots_73 Empty Pockets

I have a glock 19 and its a second generation because I hated the finger grooves.

chriscoobs Empty Pockets

These Glocks have a much better feel to them than most glocks i have felt. The polymer has a good texture to it. Still dosent feel very comfortable for me, but if you are into glocks check these new guns out.

mr.squatch Empty Pockets

I ...
    am...
    lego...

g