1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Pocket Hanger?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by prisoner6, Jun 21, 2013.

prisoner6 Empty Pockets

On several threads I have seen what I can only describe as "Pocket Hangers", a small metal piece bent around to hang off of a pocket, usually attached by short cord to a knife, SAK or MT.

These appear to act as a substitute to a clip. Can someone point me to a reference on these? Where to acquire? How well they work? I'm thinking added to a Juice S2 this would be a nice pocket carry if they are feasible.

Much thanks!

mwoj Loaded Pockets

Well I can't give you a reference, but pocket hangers are pretty darn sueful. You can use them as "pocket clips" or to hang your keychain, etc. Some good ones are the Pickpocket (there is a forum version of these;)) and the TEC P7. These are both available on the forum store, and its always good to support the forums.:)
    gibbsrule9 likes this.

norfair86 Loaded Pockets

Not gonna lie, when I saw "pocket hanger" my mind immediately went to this:
    [IMG]
    :D

I am thinking of getting a pocket clip as well, maybe also a minimalist wallet. My keys are just too dangly and my wallet just too bulky!

Sent from my mind. Cuz I'm a wizard.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Foster Loaded Pockets

If you'd like to try one out without spending money and having to wait for shipping, you can use this instructable. Just bending a wire hanger with a couple pairs of pliers and you're good to go. This one would probably work particularly well with a small multitool as well.

[IMG]
    DarkHood and New_Pollution1086 like this.

adnj Loaded Pockets

Pocket hangers work well for me when I have something, like keys or a small light, that I want to grab easily - possibly with either hand. Keeping them in my pocket keeps them quite and secure. That also keeps them from settling to the bottom of my pocket and wearing it out.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    • In Omnia Paratus

ehnvis Loaded Pockets

I checked that indestructable link and then decided to make my own pocket clip a couple of days ago. Did it a little bit different and added some gutted paracord and sealed the ends. Hope that will protect the pockets a bit.

[IMG]
    Pocket clip by ehnvis, on Flickr

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

Very Nice!!! I am inspired!
    ehnvis likes this.

squid86 Loaded Pockets

Wow...wow...that is awesome. Might have to try this out. Nice job!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ehnvis likes this.

Aleister Loaded Pockets

LefsaBL and vegassprky like this.
    • +1 Supporter

Mumbojumboo Loaded Pockets

suspension clips. This one is a Munroe (DTS) but the they all work the same. The only kind that are easy to get are the TEC p7s

[IMG]
    mumbo DTS2 by mumbojumboo, on Flickr
    vegassprky likes this.
    • +1 Supporter

Mumbojumboo Loaded Pockets

vegassprky likes this.

Robot Mania FU Loaded Pockets

Stealing that idea for sure. Thanks!!
    ehnvis likes this.

gooseman1991 Loaded Pockets

Not sure how well it would work for a Leatherman but for keys I used to rock a Monkey Fist.

Kombi Loaded Pockets

The little hangars work great when clipped to tools and hung from the pocket. I'm a big fan of the TEC pocket clips myself and use them on anything that has a small lanyard ring. I would expect the S2 would be a great candidate for the same.

Here is the TEC with a Vic Cadet.
    [IMG]

There's also the PickPocket at the forum store that could work as well. Although in this case it's capable of slinging a lot more gear than just a single tool.
    [IMG]

As an alternative, you can always use this style of pocket clip (shown at bottom of picture). This one is a brass "Japanese fishhook" style I picked up off e-Bay some time ago. I don't use it much anymore because it's awfully heavy.
    [IMG]
    vegassprky likes this.

thefrank Loaded Pockets

Another alternative is the GearPull from longtime EDCF member Gamble! It is currently available as kickstarter project:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/872996112/the-gearpull-a-revolutionary-dangler

It comes in titanium, brass and copper and it feels very solid and perfectly finished! In my opinion it is worth every cent.
    I now signed up for the copper version but I was lucky to test the brass prototype before the kickstarter launch:

[IMG]
    norfair86 likes this.

Nim Loaded Pockets

That looks sensational, I'm going to be trying this!!

I do love that Munroe DTS danglers, pretty impossible to get sadly :(
    ehnvis likes this.

norfair86 Loaded Pockets

For years, I have been keeping my keys on a carabiner of some variety on my belt loop, but after seeing this post I decided to make a pocket clip:

[IMG]

Luckily, I have approximately one million wire coat hangers laying around, so it only took me ten minutes or so. At least, it would have only taken that long if I hadn't lost the collet to my dremel! I had to file and sand the ends down by hand to dull them a bit. Should work fine for a while. If I like this set up, I'll probably pull the trigger on a PickPocket.
    Cobra 6 Actual and Foster like this.

Nkelly226 Loaded Pockets

I made one a while back like the above covered w gutted paracord but I only did it to hold me over till my pickpocket came in but it worked awesomely I gave it to a buddy of mine once the pickpocket arrived
    • In Omnia Paratus

ehnvis Loaded Pockets

Looking good!