1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Pocket Notebooks - Let's See 'Em! :)

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by mooshi, May 26, 2013.

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

Mooshi! OMG!!! That is an amazing looking leather cover for your mini comp. And wow, the SF tag is such a sweet touch! Awesome gift!! Congrats!

Does your friend sell these? If so, please PM me his info. I use a mini comp as well but can only find the ones with a glued spine. Recently I added some toxic green duct tape and a villain pic to mine.
    [IMG]

Can't wait to see how that leather ages. :)
    • In Omnia Paratus

Lynx Loaded Pockets

I carry a Scottish Clan Notebook most of the time.

[IMG]
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

Here is a better look at the field notes I carry, the true pocket notebook. The Pelle one is usually in my bag, or in a coat pocket when the weather requires it. The FN is almost always in my back left pocket.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Really glad that you posted this! haha I remembered reading about the Pelle/Midori TN clone before, but when I started looking into TNs, I couldn't remember it! :)
    automaticjack likes this.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Not sure if they're still around or not. I bought a "spare" from jetpens when I noticed they were all starting to show up as out of stock. Maybe they were just in between shipments or something, but most of them were still OOS last time I remember looking as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    mooshi likes this.
    • +1 Supporter

Syy Loaded Pockets

[IMG]
    My work back pocket notebook.
    WsRub04, lildannigurl and mooshi like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gambit88 Loaded Pockets

This might be what I am looking for! How much bigger does it make the notebook? If you could give me the external dimensions that would be amazing. I don't want mine getting destroyed too soon either but I don't want to make them much bigger either.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

I'll see if i can get some measurements for you when i get back home, but it isn't much bigger than the notebook itself. I actually keep two notebooks inside my cover. Here is where i bought it from, not sure if he lists his dimensions on there, but he'll do custom sizing if you need it as small as possible or even a bit wider to get 2 or 3 notebooks inside. Mine was just a stock offering from the site, but there was enough "extra" to fit the second FN in there. http://store.davisleatherworks.com/3-5-x-5-5-covers/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    mooshi likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

sbakker Loaded Pockets

I just restocked... Simple Moleskines.

[IMG]
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gambit88 Loaded Pockets

Thank you sir!That would be much appreciated. There doesn't seem to be any dimensions listed on the website, or a "contact us" feature either so I can't get the info there. The covers look good though, and not too big. Plus, I get to support a craftsman, which is always a plus!

Scott Mason Loaded Pockets

• +1 Supporter

ATF Loaded Pockets

Nothin fancy but this is what I'm using right now. A local geocacher gave me some caching stuff and these were a part of it. [IMG]

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

For a few years I've pocket carried my small Moleskine notebooks and they all fell apart before I filled them up. A few months ago I saw a thread started by a member that made his own leather cover for his Moleskine notebook. Decided it was a good investment and found the Saddleback Leather cover I posted a photo of earlier in this thread. Now I have one for my large journal from Oberon Design and I'm going to buy a matching small cover from them. I plan to keep my journals for years to come and would like them to stay in good condition.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

3 7/8" X 5 7/8" when I have 2 FNs inside.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Gambit88 likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Loaded Pockets

I kinda want a Field Notes, theyre about 9 bucks on the bay, is that expensive?
    • +4 Supporter

scbubba EDC Junkie!!!!!

[IMG]

Field Notes State Fair (South Carolina of course)
    Rite in the Rain pocket notebook
    Sitting on an old Moleskin (the last one I'll ever have) that isn't a pocket notebook but I carry it in my EDC bag regularly
    porkchop, lildannigurl and mooshi like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

For a 3-pack? That's typical pricing. :)
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Loaded Pockets

Ah, thats for three!! In the words of Jim Diamond, I should have known better...
    mooshi likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Loaded Pockets

But with the shipping being 12.75, Ima holding off on this deal...
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

scbubba, Mighty Max and zeppo like this.