1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Scottevest/Brad Thor collaboration softshell.

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Kraid, Aug 15, 2013.

Kraid Loaded Pockets

I thought this new Scottevest jacket looked pretty interesting and wanted to spread the word as well as get some thoughts on it. (I've never owned a Scottevest or read a Brad Thor book, so no association).

Also, it seems to have Ranger Eyes?

[IMG]

thePlumbah Meowderator

I like it:)
    Cobra 6 Actual and Kraid like this.

machine Loaded Pockets

I'm really hoping someone bought one and can review it , as I'd like to snatch one up, but they are a bit pricey.. and now sold out til the Spring...
    Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

Back in 2006 we had something going with them. At 2K members we were too small for it to work. I have contacted them again.

Hammer-V6 Loaded Pockets

Ohhhhh!!!! I like this.....

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I have had my eye on this - but i think it may be too warm for WA weather
    Xiii and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
    • Administrator

Kripto Evil Sid

EDCF and SeV seem like a perfect match.

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

That. Looks. Awesome!
    atilano and Cobra 6 Actual like this.

Joshobrien77 Empty Pockets

SeV stuff is cool but they are patent whores and suing people over things like helmets for earphones in a jacket. Not cool and therefore I will never own them.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk
    Cprrckwlf and Cobra 6 Actual like this.

Hammer-V6 Loaded Pockets

I pulled the trigger today.. Now the wait and anticipation begins..
    Oh and I will give a full review when I receive it. Stay tuned..

thePlumbah Meowderator

Please participate without deal spotting. Deal information, such as sales, price, etc, is against Forum Rules.

Matthew03 Loaded Pockets

I have a soft-shell hoodie pullover from an Aussie company called SORD, (Special Operations Research Design), that offers side zippers to access a CCW. The issue I have with them is, at times they will unzip when stressed while being active. I carry AIWB so they are fairly useless since they are located at 3:00 and 9:00. I wonder if this jacket will also have that issue? It is fairly annoying.
    SAKplumber and Cobra 6 Actual like this.

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

I have always liked the concept of all of those carefully engineered, well-crafted pockets. But, what has prevented me from buying is 1. Limited color selection, 2) Styling that's a little too minimalist: a lot of the Company's jackets look like they were made for West Point cadets, and 3) The jackets are cut a bit high on the waist. For me, I like a longer coat since it conceals a weapon holstered at the waist better.

Guys, this is just me. The company is obviously selling tons of items. Just not my thing. YMMV.
    Xiii and SAKplumber like this.

Hammer-V6 Loaded Pockets

OMG! I totally forgot about that SAKPlumber. My apologies.
    • +3 Supporter
    • +1 Supporter

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

Did anyone else see Scottevest/Tec/Scott Jordan on The Shark Tank some time back? Easy enough to find online. You'll also find an article on the scottevest website about it and a number of post airing interviews Scott Jordan did.

What I watched and what I've read never lined up all that well, and past that you may draw your own conclusions.

Personally, though, the episode and articles aside, I've just never felt the product was any type of solution for me.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Xiii Loaded Pockets

great looking jacket, dont know that I would wear it here never really gets that cold, especially during the day. Great concept, I would love one. thanks for sharing.
    Xiii

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Gets cold at night occassionally though (I have seen -2c in kalamunda, at 0300)
    But not really cold enough to need a jacket all the time - I find a light waterproof shell works most of the time, just enough to keep the wind off

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

I have an SeV edition 7 I believe. Light weight, but comfortable. Its worth it for the touch-through phone pocket and sunglass pocket w microfiber wipe. Fully loaded its cumbersome, but usually it just contains a Zebra 710, a mini moleskine, my phone, brick of a wallet, and a hankie. Any more than that, and it looks awkward and doesnt hang well. I wish they made a heavier version with a more rugged shell material.

Hammer-V6 Loaded Pockets

Tick, Tock!!! May 15th is a long time away..... I'll get it just in time for spring in California! :blink:

Biff... Loaded Pockets

I have a few items of clothing from Scottevest (pants, shirt, jackets(not the Brad Thor jacket)). The clothing is made of quality material and holds up to to strong use, I use mine for regular use (office, to the range, weekend wear). After a year of usage Ive had no problems. Living in California, I'll probably pass on the Brad Thor jacket, considering the coldest it got here was a measly 40 degrees.

The company has a daily sale where one item gets marked down 20%, saves a few $$.
    Last edited by Biff..., Mar 16, 2014