1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Seiko Monster MODS...LET's See Em!!

Discussion in 'Watches' started by dr.craign, Mar 20, 2011.

dr.craign Loaded Pockets

Ok, finally caved in and bought a black monster. Next project...MODS. OK, OK...that was the main reason I bought it...besides it looks cool...thinking mods making it really look cool..

I don't think I wanna go crazy...just change the dial and hands

Let me know who did the mods... self, yobokies, don't really know who else mods...help me out.
    • +1 Supporter

karlito Loaded Pockets

My vote is for a bead blasted finish. I mean to do it, but never seem to get around to it. Check out Watchuseek.com; whole, long thread about monster mods, with lots of pics. You will drool.

Trunkmonkey Loaded Pockets

I have the Orange Monster... no mods needed, its BA the way it is!

MoreToasties Loaded Pockets

medic808 Loaded Pockets

[IMG]

[IMG]

Mods done by Bob Thayer. Unfortunately, MK II parts are no longer available.

medic808 Loaded Pockets

One more pic.

[IMG]

Aloha from Hawaii

iacchus Loaded Pockets

Is that a silver monster? Awesomes. I really like that.

medic808 Loaded Pockets

The one on the left is a Monster Mod done with a Seiko SKX171 face and MKII hands.
    Work was done by Bob Thayer.

[IMG]
    Seiko SKX171

MashBill Loaded Pockets

Great looking watches! I need to pick up a Monster to add to my collection.

Bill

dr.craign Loaded Pockets

AWESOME mods
    I like moretoasties with a date window and in white....think they have 'em? Who do I contact to get info ? Thanks in advance

NaturalMystic Loaded Pockets

I bought a Baby Monster back in January, the SNZF53K1 and wanted to get the Black Monster too but the fiscally responsible part of me kept saying to hold off. I tried but after 3 months I caved today and ordered the Black Monster from Creation Watches. Should have it by Friday and can't wait!

Here's the Baby:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

AirMech74 Loaded Pockets

Ok..I gotta ask, how do you MOD a watch?

NaturalMystic Loaded Pockets

I'm no expert (not even close!) and I don't know all the technical part names but you can replace the dial, the hands, crystal and other parts. Check out WatchUsSeek.com in the Seiko/Citizen sub forum for lots of threads on modding. Pretty cool stuff.

benjamin_ng Empty Pockets

This started out as a Orange Monster and then these went into it.
    -AR coated sapphire
    -custom dial, hands, and lume
    -22mm Watchadoo bracelet
    -diver's extension
    -Seiko clasp
    -titanium blast

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

tonester Loaded Pockets

heres my black monster… no mods, however it is missing the lume dot on the bezel. anyone know where i can get a new lume dot or get it fixed?

[IMG]