1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Seiko Monster MODS...LET's See Em!!

Discussion in 'Watches' started by dr.craign, Mar 20, 2011.

dr.craign Loaded Pockets

Ok, finally caved in and bought a black monster. Next project...MODS. OK, OK...that was the main reason I bought it...besides it looks cool...thinking mods making it really look cool..

I don't think I wanna go crazy...just change the dial and hands

Let me know who did the mods... self, yobokies, don't really know who else mods...help me out.
    • +1 Supporter

karlito Loaded Pockets

My vote is for a bead blasted finish. I mean to do it, but never seem to get around to it. Check out Watchuseek.com; whole, long thread about monster mods, with lots of pics. You will drool.

Trunkmonkey Loaded Pockets

I have the Orange Monster... no mods needed, its BA the way it is!

MoreToasties Loaded Pockets

medic808 Loaded Pockets

[IMG]

[IMG]

Mods done by Bob Thayer. Unfortunately, MK II parts are no longer available.

medic808 Loaded Pockets

One more pic.

[IMG]

Aloha from Hawaii

iacchus Loaded Pockets

Is that a silver monster? Awesomes. I really like that.

medic808 Loaded Pockets

The one on the left is a Monster Mod done with a Seiko SKX171 face and MKII hands.
    Work was done by Bob Thayer.

[IMG]
    Seiko SKX171

MashBill Loaded Pockets

Great looking watches! I need to pick up a Monster to add to my collection.

Bill

dr.craign Loaded Pockets

AWESOME mods
    I like moretoasties with a date window and in white....think they have 'em? Who do I contact to get info ? Thanks in advance

NaturalMystic Loaded Pockets

I bought a Baby Monster back in January, the SNZF53K1 and wanted to get the Black Monster too but the fiscally responsible part of me kept saying to hold off. I tried but after 3 months I caved today and ordered the Black Monster from Creation Watches. Should have it by Friday and can't wait!

Here's the Baby:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

AirMech74 Loaded Pockets

Ok..I gotta ask, how do you MOD a watch?

NaturalMystic Loaded Pockets

I'm no expert (not even close!) and I don't know all the technical part names but you can replace the dial, the hands, crystal and other parts. Check out WatchUsSeek.com in the Seiko/Citizen sub forum for lots of threads on modding. Pretty cool stuff.

benjamin_ng Empty Pockets

This started out as a Orange Monster and then these went into it.
    -AR coated sapphire
    -custom dial, hands, and lume
    -22mm Watchadoo bracelet
    -diver's extension
    -Seiko clasp
    -titanium blast

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

tonester Loaded Pockets

heres my black monster… no mods, however it is missing the lume dot on the bezel. anyone know where i can get a new lume dot or get it fixed?

[IMG]