1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Side Release Buckle for Necklace

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by AWilliamsID, Oct 28, 2010.

AWilliamsID Empty Pockets

I have been asked to make a paracord necklace.

I wanted to use a SRB much like the ones on the Phiten Necklaces seen here

I don't know much about Lighthound's Breakaway Connector, or if there is a better suggestion, I am open.

Any suppliers or ideas?

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

maybe a knot-in-:censored: type connector?
    for something a bit unique- what about using a quick-disconnect keychain? http://www.countycomm.com/swisskey.html I got a few from the home depot a while ago. I love these things

jag-engr Liberal Hall Monitor

+1 That could make an interesting decorative feature. :thumbsup:
    Just make sure that it will either give way on its own or be easy to disengage when loaded.

-1 Strangulation hazard :tickedoff:

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

I wanted to suggest these when I read your post, then saw the link. Hold up great, release when needed. I like them a lot.

AWilliamsID Empty Pockets

Well guess I will order up a batch of them! Thanks guys.

Gilgamesh Loaded Pockets

Essexman Loaded Pockets

I've used the lighthound style breakaways with a single paracord and they work well. Might look a bit naff, but could stop someone getting hurt.

On the other hand, I've also made neck lanyards with 3 and 4 paracord braids and no breakaway. I aways explain to the customer the risks (you will die if this gets caught up!) and ask where they plan to wear it etc.