1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

TBS Boar non locking EDC knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Scoman, Jul 24, 2013.

Scoman Loaded Pockets

This is a first day review of The Bushcraft Store non-locking EDC folding knife. The knife came this morning, I'd chosen regular mailing ordered it Fri evening and it arrived yesterday. It needs to be signed for so I had to pick it up from the post office this morning. It came in a jiffy bag, the knife itself was in a lightweight cardboard box.
    The micarta was shiny and the blade has a mirror finish. It's not quite hair popping out of the box but close to, maybe after a stropping. It fits my hand comfortably, I have small hands glove size 8 but it sits quite nicely. Opening it is a two handed affair, theres no nail recess so the blade needs to be gripped and opened. The blade is 2mm thick and a cutting edge of 6.75cm. The knife overall measures 17cm, the handle 9.8mm, the opening and closing of the blade is secure.
    It cut through outboard engine pull cord like it was light string. First impressions based on no use. I like it and it's comfortable.

Pics are posted here

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107896&p=1354717#post1354717

Not affiliated to the store, just a happy customer.
    CitizenSnips likes this.

CitizenSnips Loaded Pockets

Great man, mine arrived yesterday too. I got the curly Birch variant. It's got some good and bad points, but as a user it seems brilliant!If you don't mind here's my thoughts too:

Blade retention when closed is great but there's no solid 'click' - like when you open it. It isn't particularly smooth to open, I think the factory lubricant may have been a synthetic of some kind and it came dry and flaky. It stays open really well, think it's my strongest springed slipjoint. My blade came 'hair popping sharp' and then some, but the grind seems to have been patched up at the tip on one side, like it was ground wrong and then reground. Blade centering is good otherwise. My blade is satin not polished. The handle is very ergonomic, I have medium hands too and the handle is only just long enough for me. The Birch is very good quality and smells of some kind of oil (linseed?) Fit and finish seems pretty :censored: good, no tooling marks on anything, the liners are thick and fit the spring bar well and the wood came very nicely finished. Just the slightly off grind to complain about really.

It's closest competitor would be an Enzo PK70, I'd love to see how they stack up, the only thing from specs and pictures I can see in the Enzo's favor is the s30v steel.

Sorry about hijacking the thread ;)

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

This knife is legal for me to own :D! I have to get it - in black ofc, good looking knife!
    CitizenSnips likes this.