1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

The Quantum DD (and other versions)

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by thePlumbah, Nov 6, 2012.

Idaho Gunslinger Loaded Pockets

Darn it! That sticky note looked SO official I can't buy any now. I was excited at never having to throw away a toothbrush that I've become attached to. :(
    Fukurai and SAKplumber like this.

toemke Loaded Pockets

After only a day on my keychain it already got some noticeable scratches, so I couldn't wait any longer and went ahead with the stonewashing. And man was it worth it!
    [IMG]
    Of course a crappy cellphone pic doesn't do this beauty justice, but you get the picture. Oh, and masking with hot glue worked perfectly, it stayed on tight and when I was done I just 'unscrewed' the blob of glue. Just waiting on the ordered trits and I'll be set.
    [IMG]
    A minor issue I have is with the QTC pill: if I screw the light tighter, it gets weaker and flickery after a while and it doesn't reach the same output as without the pill. I already had this issue before disassembling the light.

willydigger Loaded Pockets

How did you protect the lens and insides?

toemke Loaded Pockets

I took them out.

thePlumbah Meowderator

I turned mine on once yesterday and it did the same thing. I thought maybe I just didn't get it screwed on tight so I turned it off and on again...worked fine:)

Nice job with the stone washing btw. Did you put in in a container of rocks wrapped in a towel in the dryer? Or did you use a tumbler?

toemke Loaded Pockets

I used a container with rocks and some change, but I shook it by hand; our dryer can't do a cold cycle and it gets really warm. I don't know if it would have been a problem, I just rather didn't risk it.

thePlumbah Meowderator

Cool! How long did ya' shake her?

I do the same thing for my stone washing.

toemke Loaded Pockets

Didn't really time it. I threw in the ingredients in the morning and shook it throughout the day more or less vigorously when I had the time. Finished up the whole thing in the evening.

Fate0n3 Loaded Pockets

Great now i have yo purchase one of these lol....where could a person purchase one? I only found 1 place thay sales them with a google search

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

toemke Loaded Pockets

Illuminationsupply.com

maxray Loaded Pockets

I don't time mine either. I would say 10-20 minutes. It doesn't take long. I have rocks in a plastic bottle with some WD40.
    SAKplumber likes this.

Fate0n3 Loaded Pockets

Is the run time really as short as a lot have posted they are? Also I read batteries do not last but a few charges is there any truth to that

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

thePlumbah Meowderator

I haven't heard that. I haven't had to charge mine much, because it is a backup and doesn't get used much. Though I will use it more now:)

nw1911guy Loaded Pockets

thePlumbah Meowderator

At least you'll be able to see whats in there;)
    nw1911guy and KAMM like this.

nw1911guy Loaded Pockets

probably nothing lol

Fate0n3 Loaded Pockets

LMAO!!! Be sure and call before you place an order with them... I called today about ordering one and a Pickpocket and I am pretty sure he said they are both out of stock. It was very difficult to hear him he spoke very very quietly.
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Okay, I'm very late to this and didn't read every single post. But, if Norland is still being passed around, I could use a couple drops and any info on vial size for my QDD as well as the best place to buy. Thank you, sibs.