1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Tom Bihn Smart Alec pictures

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by BrianEDC, Mar 30, 2013.

BrianEDC Loaded Pockets

Yea, there's an awesome review and thread elsewhere ... but I feel like posting about my Smart Alec. My main EDC bag for work and more.

Shown here, the SA is kitted for the rain - the Lower Modular Pocket holding an umbrella and 20 oz commuter mug - with a capacity of 32 l (26 main plus 6 l between the two Modular Pockets). The main SA side pocket is also holding another 20 oz (water).
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Ile, thePlumbah, powerring and 8 others like this.
    • +1 Supporter

uzmati Loaded Pockets

Every time I see another Smart Alec used like this, it brings me one step closer to making it my EDC bag.
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Great pics.

Sent from my XOOM 2 ME using Tapatalk 2

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Look at all that organizational goodness!
    BrianEDC and subsevens like this.

SSol Loaded Pockets

very nice! ok. i'm done with maxped, can't seem to fall in love with 5.11, but this seems like the right stuff!
    SAKplumber, antman157 and BrianEDC like this.

ArnieJB Loaded Pockets

Love the pictures Brian
    • In Omnia Paratus

emcdannell Loaded Pockets

I'm also debating leaving my maxped noatak in place of a smart alec.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I don't know how you feel Brian, but I love the ballistic nylon that Tom uses on the SA. My fav among all of the bags I've had to-date.

Sent from my XOOM 2 ME using Tapatalk 2

BrianEDC Loaded Pockets

Yea, I really like the ballistic nylon. Has a great feel to it, tough and yet a finer feel than some of my other bags (non TB).

With the lower pouch, it's a little less streamlined - but :censored:, I appreciate the extra organization for heavy days.

I also acquired a Brain Cell for the 11" MBA. It works really well for me with the Freudian Slip.
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Yeah, the upper modular pouch is a no-brainer and stays on my SA all the time. The bottom is situational for me. I don't have it on there all the time because to your point it does add some bulk to the pack. I also like the reflective bungee and the modular straps. I use them more than I do the lower pocket.
    BrianEDC likes this.

BrianEDC Loaded Pockets

I've actually yet to find a good use for the modular straps (other than being prepared). I've tried a few admin pouch, etc. and they all work meh. I have a few camping weekends in the works - I'll see about strapping maybe my ground pad to it.

The Upper Modular Pocket is EDC - super handy. Only wish it came in wasabi interior, but of course I'd say that. ;)
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

Wow... that is a really sweet looking bag! I think a purple and black one is on my short list to pick up!
    BrianEDC likes this.
    • Sponsor MFR

TOM BIHN Crew Loaded Pockets

Great photos -- they show the modular pockets well.

antman157 Loaded Pockets

I sold my maxped bags to purchase the TB Synapse .. Best decision I've made on bags
    TARFU likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Ile and BrianEDC like this.

KDOG08 Loaded Pockets

Well I've decided to join the Smart Alec club... I had someone there pull the LAST one of a certain color combo out of the showroom/storefront for me ... Details to follow when it becomes more official....
    BrianEDC and TARFU like this.

ArnieJB Loaded Pockets

You won't regret it....fantastic bag!

KDOG08 Loaded Pockets

Can't wait to get my hands on it... I may order a matching Upper Modular Pouch with it too....
    BrianEDC likes this.

Flash Owl Loaded Pockets

i think i just found my new medium sized pack.
    love the design.

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets

Anyone know of this will fit a 13" laptop? For weekends when I'm on call I have to bring a laptop with me.