1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Tom Bihn's Synapse! Pics, Q&A, and other stuff;)

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by SAKplumber, Nov 22, 2012.

• +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

I start this thread for a collection of Pics & discussion of the Tom Bihn Synapse (backpack).

I got one and love it. Feel free to post pics, reviews, ask questions of actual owners, etc.

I'll be back to add some pics later or tomorrow when I have better light :) Happy Thanksgiving!
    TOM BIHN Crew likes this.
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

Don't forget to tell them you heard about them on EDCF. :)
    TOM BIHN Crew and vegassprky like this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Yes! If you order from Tom Bihn, please mention EDCForum.com in the comments field of your order online, or tell them if you call, so they will know how well spent their advertisement dollars are on EDCForum.com:)
    • +1 Supporter

KDOG08 Loaded Pockets

Well my Conifer Synapse is on the way but sadly I wasn't quick enough on the draw yesterday and it won't be here till the 30th. But i will get some pics up once it does get here.
    SAKplumber likes this.

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

How are you using the side pockets? And do you like the midline water bottle pocket?
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

Actually the number of people that tell them about EDCF determines how much support we get. :)
    toemke and SAKplumber like this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Ahhh. Did not know that:)
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

We are getting a commission on sales. :)
    ac7ss, able_man, kd7dvd and 1 other person like this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

I like the Synapse because of the pocket design. The bottom pocket (right under the Water bottle pocket) is just as easy to access as the sides. I really just dumped one bag on the table and started pushing into the Synapse.
    This is what I came up with.
    SAkplumber's edc evolution, pic heavy
    I do like the water bottle pocket.
    • it centers one of the heaviest things I carry
    • its deep enough for the deep bottle I bought this year at the Coleman Outlet in Tennessee. Its a 32oz bottle.
    • If I don't have a bottle from home, I can use that pocket for anything, including any water I have to buy while I'm out.
    TOM BIHN Crew likes this.
    • Administrator

Valerian Tea-powered admin

It has a lot of zippers on the front, have you had any trouble finding the right one?
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

No, not really. 5 pockets and one main compartment. I remember where I put everything. Guess maybe if I packed it completely full and had to move some stuff around to make room for other stuff, I might forget where I had to move something. But that hasn't happened yet:)

Honestly when I took the pics i the next post I totally forgot about the to pockets on the front under the bottle pocket and at the bottom:)
    Last edited by SAKplumber, Nov 23, 2012
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Heres a few pics for you:)
    Olive/steel Synapse
    Full bag 11lbs (iPad & keyboard case is 3lbs)
    [IMG]

32oz water bottle fits with some room to spare on the sides. Theres room for a couple of protein bars along side it. Which will be good in the summer heat with a cold bottle.
    [IMG]

In the mail compartment I have a cache with one 3D Organizer Cube(FAK) and plenty of extra room.
    [IMG]

The cache was the proper size for a netbook and is a snug fit for my iPad2 in its Zaggfolio keyboard/case.
    [IMG]

Sent from my recliner on my day off:)
    Last edited by SAKplumber, Nov 23, 2012
    • +3 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

Nice pics and I'm glad you like the pack. I really like that olive color. I almost bought mine in olive but I ended up going with the navy/solar combo (the solar had such nice visibility - I wish they would bring it back). The conifer green is nice too. :)
    SAKplumber likes this.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing KDOG08's pics.

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

Thank you for the thread on this awesome Tom Bihn pack....
    SAKplumber likes this.

TX expat Loaded Pockets

I love this bag! One day I'll pick one of these up.
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Still loving mine. This is the best feeling backpack I've ever worn, so far, and I really like just slinging it over one shoulder
    Southpaw1925 and powerring like this.

phantom357 Loaded Pockets

Darn, so freaking tempted to get one of these. Decisions decisions. :frantic:
    SAKplumber likes this.

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

SAKplumber, do you have any other bags of similar dimensions that you could compare this bag too? Say, a side by side photo?
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber Meowderator

Do you mean for a size(external) comparison? I've never had many quality bags, but I do have a 1953 US Army Engineers Field bag:D(as always...had it for about 35 yrs, myself). Other than that I have a jansport backpack and my son has an LL Bean. I have a County Comm EOD bag. Maybe theres something else familiar I could place it next to for reference?