1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Tom Bihn's Synapse! Pics, Q&A, and other stuff;)

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by thePlumbah, Nov 22, 2012.

• Sponsor MFR

TOM BIHN Crew Loaded Pockets

Just tested this for you: it will fit in the main compartment great, but it won't fit in the pocket within the main compartment.
    catfishdan likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

So I had the day, off and since I got a few new pieces of gear, I decided to reorganize a little. And since I had a few pockets empty I thought I'd try to take a few better pics of them...
    Right side pocket empty:

[IMG]

Here I've loaded my Repair Tin (about the same size as an Altoids tin, just full of repair materials); a Folca Pill case, a Monocular, and a Lock Pick set all in the main pocket. A Bic lighter and a tube of Lip stuff in the side admin pocket. Then I put my little Hand Sanitizer on the new 14" Accessory Strap...When I need to get some I can with out having to hold the gel in one hand, while I fight to put the bottle back in the pocket with the other.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The right side pocket empty, almost...A few pens, an inspection mirror, and an Opinel knife.

[IMG]

I keep my spare keys, along with a couple of keychain tools on a short Accessory Strap, dropped inside the main part with my 3x5 memo pad and business card case.

[IMG]
    [IMG]]

I replaced my small Otter Box of chargers and electronic stuff with the larger Otter Box.
    Here it is in the bottom pocket. Notice how much room is left on top of it. Enough for another Otter Box.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    hoyfort, TARFU, powerring and 4 others like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

catfishdan Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the quick answer. I just ordered me a black synapse and an iPad to fill it with! It's back ordered but looks like it'll be worth the wait.

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

wow nice presents for yourself :)
    catfishdan likes this.

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

I am thinking I want one of these (in addition to the laptop bag) to use when I want to switch from my Rush 12. Looks like it could hold a full 12's stuff :)

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

...How have I not thought to use the EDCF keychain as a means to suspend a bunch of smaller tools that can be easily removed inside of a bag before? Man. I feel like a dolt. I used to have one of those keychains, but stopped using it and it got lost because it was a touch too bulky for me and I didn't need the quick release.
    TARFU likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

I bought two EDCForums Key Holder and robbed the rings off of one and added to the other:) One BIG keyring:D
    forestgrump and Syclone1436 like this.

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

And a backup vessel for the rings if one fails! ;)
    SAKplumber likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

My synapse came a month and a half early! They told me it would be ready mid February and it shows up today? Thanks Tom Bihn crew.
    TOM BIHN Crew, JGP and SAKplumber like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thePlumbah Meowderator

Lets see what it swallowed when it got there!
    catfishdan likes this.

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

I've decided to get a synapse if and when I go back to school. I almost want to find a way back into school just to have an excuse to buy a synapse. :D
    • In Omnia Paratus

[IMG]
    Quilted sweatshirt, wind breaker, beanie, iPad, 28 oz. Kleen kanteen, paperback, toiletries kit, radio. This was just a test. I've only had it for 20 minutes, but I'm really impressed at how much it holds.
    TOM BIHN Crew and SAKplumber like this.

JGP Loaded Pockets

Where is a photo of the bag?!!!!
    catfishdan likes this.

JGP Loaded Pockets

UPS just dropped off a 3D Mesh Organizer Cube. Going to use it to hold cables/chargers in the bottom pocket. Fits in there really nice. Photo tomorrow because I'm feeling REALLY lazy tonight.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Oh yes. Sorry. Black with wasabi interior.
    [IMG]
    TOM BIHN Crew and JGP like this.

Canonsue Empty Pockets

I am still waiting for my steel dyneema with wasabi interior Synapse. I keep hoping it will ship early.

Sue
    catfishdan likes this.

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

I'm just not sure if I need a pocket in the middle for a water bottle. I'm not sure what else I would keep in there, either. :confused:

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

Collapsible ninja sword? :ninja: ;)
    catfishdan and JGP like this.

JGP Loaded Pockets

There is a good video on the Bihn site, on the Synapse page. The person has a tripod and other misc stuff in that pocket.

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

I'm just going to keep the biggest flashlight I can find in it.
    SAKplumber, JGP and catfishdan like this.