1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Uses for Paracord Scraps

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by ericfrey, Jun 25, 2011.

ericfrey Loaded Pockets

Hi everyone. For those of you who do a lot of knot work and paracord projects, what do you do with your scraps? I just noticed I'm starting to get overrun with scraps of various color paracord in lengths ranging from 2" to about 10-12" Any cool projects to do with lengths this small? Thanks in advance for any ideas.;D
    • +1 Supporter

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Same problem. I cram them in a jar. It looks cool but I don't know what to do with them..

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Usually just zip pulls etc - la anyard knot can be done with about 6", or a 3-4 turn hangmans knot, Chinese cross knot, Matthew Walker knot etc.

Atomic Loaded Pockets

Zipper pulls or practice. But then after a few weeks I'll throw them away.

ericfrey Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to look up those knots and practice. The Matthew Walker Knot is new to me.

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

Mostly just for zipper pulls and things like that.
    • +1 Supporter

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

What about 3 to 4 inch size? I got nothing..for that.

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

anything under 6" i throw away. the rest get turned into zipper pulls

ericfrey Loaded Pockets

LOL. I don't think we have that many zippers among all of the bags and clothing of all of the members of my household.
  1. I trash scraps. Its 8c a foot. If I have 3 inches or so of it then thats only about 2c worth. To the trash.

cibolodave Loaded Pockets

Zipper pulls and key chain lanyards

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

• +1 Supporter

ATF Loaded Pockets

Scraps are just that - SCRAPS! Throw 'em away.

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Atomic Loaded Pockets

Beneficial Loaded Pockets

how did you make that compass wrap? is there a video or somethin. i have some compasses and thats cool.

Atomic Loaded Pockets

Here are a couple in the making...

[IMG]

It's a Double MWK with 4 strands, 2 pieces doubled made 4. Then a few crowns. Then a double wall to make a flat spot. The other one made not of paracord is the crowns with another double MWK tied back over the crowns to make a smaller flat spot. Now I glued the compass on that. Don't worry too much about mess, it gets covered. Gorilla glue is good, but these were done with regular craft glue. Now make sure the glue is completely dry before doing the next step. If not it will get on the covering and make a mess that can be seen. While it's drying tie a 3L 5B Turks Head Knot. Slip it over the compass end and tighten it down. Burn and tuck the ends out of sight.

And my first take on the compass fob:

[IMG]

Atomic Loaded Pockets

I made a tutorial on how to make one of these and put it on my blog.

GHOSTMONKEY Loaded Pockets

Love the Peter Atwood referenced below, but they all look great on this thread. The Compass is very cool