1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

USPS tracking? "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment"

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by AcesQ, Aug 13, 2012.

AcesQ Loaded Pockets

Could any one help me? I ordered a phone case from U.S. last week (I lived in Singapore) and track the package regularly everyday. 2 days ago when I tracked the package, it says "Processed Through Sort Facility." at the location called CHILE. I thought the parcel had left U.S. and today when I checked the tracking again it says "Origin Post Is Preparing Shipment". What does it mean? I'm pretty upset about the whole thing, I paid extra for Express Mail International hoping to receive the parcel faster but I'm worry that the parcel is still not here in Singapore yet.

What does "Origin Post Is Preparing Shipment" mean?

[IMG]
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

I am sorry to say that is quite common with USPS packages.

AcesQ Loaded Pockets

I bought my stuff from eBay. The only delivery option they offer is Priority mail and Express Mail international, both USPS. I haven't had any problems from USPS in the past, this is the first time I see "O.P. is preparing shipment"
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

The fact is it doesn't mean that there is a problem or isn't a problem. Most USPS packages have no problems but If you see enough of them you see a variety of strange things. I watched a package bounce between two states a dozen times once.

AcesQ Loaded Pockets

bouncing between states? Why is that so?
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

I have no idea but it finally broke the cycle and arrived.

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I live in upstate NY ordered something that only needed to travel 30 miles west, but instead took a about a 800 mile round trip. Nearly 400 miles west from NY into PA then 400 back to my location. Item was order from a store in Rome NY destination just north of Syracues NY distance of about 35 miles. Why the USPS decided it needed an 800 mile trip is beyond me, it should have taken 2 days for delivery instead took nearly a week. And the USPS can't figure out why they are going bankrupt that may be one reason.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

A quick search of the interbutts seems to indicate that Origin Post etc. etc. means that your package is in-country, waiting for the local carrier.

Please let us know if you receive your package soon, because I'd like to know if this information is correct.
    jnsn likes this.

AcesQ Loaded Pockets

Thanks. I hope the parcel will arrive soon. I actually googled the term "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" but different sites produce different answer.

tonystl Loaded Pockets

Not to derail this thread, but the USPS isn't going bankrupt because your package was a little late. It's the pre-funding of retirement accounts brought on by an act of Congress that's keeping them in the red.

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I know that it wasn't due to my package being late that they are going bankrupt but just poor mangament IMO as well as other things. This was just one example that I was stating. Now back to the thread.

NecroDemon Loaded Pockets

Location : Chile? That's like in South America, not even remotely close to Singapore. I hope that's just a glitch, and you will get your parcel soon.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

^ to everyone who's wondering about insane routing, there's a method to the madness. If anyone has ever studied the way airlines move passengers, or if they work in supply chain management, they know that the most efficient route is not always the most direct route. There are cases when insane routing is just that, but most of the time, it's part of a larger picture that we as consumers don't generally see.
    kd7dvd likes this.

NecroDemon Loaded Pockets

^ Huh? Insane routing (or most efficient indirect route) would have occurred when the parcel left NY on the 7th, and after 3 days on the 10th would have reached its final destination, Singapore considering it was shipped via USPS Express Mail International. But location : Chile? Come on, that just doesn't seem right. 3 days is the norm for parcels from the US to this side of the world if shipped via USPS Express Mail International. Heck, my EDCF buff shipped by Jon via the slower and cheaper Priority Mail Interntaional (with limited tracking) around the same time reached me yesterday August 14. Malaysia and Singapore are neighboring countries. So, I'm just saying that it's either a glitch, or maybe the tracking number is incorrect, that's all.
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

^ again, I'm not saying that this absolutely isn't a glitch. I'm just saying that these things usually happen for reasons of efficiency. For instance, the routing to Chile may be because the package could be put on a plane to another sorting house, from Chile, faster than it could from any other point of departure at the time. This may not be what happened at all, I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

Well I had a package shipped by the way more expensive fedex from Holland to Croatia, both in Europe, end up in Korea. So this doesn't surprise me at all. But are we sure the package even left the US? You US guys have some strange prectice for naming cities. For instance one of the bigger sorting facilities in NY i believe is called Jamaica. Freaked me out first time I saw my package ended up there. :D And also tracking might not be working outside of US. I haven't had a working tracking number for two years now.

balrog Loaded Pockets

Have you tried to contact the seller to see if they gave you the correct tracking information ? Maybe they gave you an incorrect tracking number the first time.

KG2V Loaded Pockets

Jamaica is in Jamaica, Queens County, NYC, NY - it is one of the original towns that made up Queens County (+ Flushing, Long Island City, Newtown etc) - Basically Queens has 2-3 sorting facilities, and one is in Jamacia (I live a few miles north, in Bayside)

AcesQ Loaded Pockets

I contacted the few days ago. I don't think is the wrong tracking number. He said:

"Thank you so much for purchasing from us.
    Your item was shipped in time by USPS international mail.
    Label/Receipt Number: EC69XXXXXX5US

The ETA is 2-3 weeks and should depend on the freight of different countries.
    So we are not sure of the freight.

The Origin Post is Preparing Shipment means that The original mail is loaded.

Please feel free to contact us if there is anything we can assist.
    Best Regards
    Gadgettown Customer Care"

I contacted them again today and request them to called USPS on behalf of me. Still waiting for the reply though.

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Right now I'm waiting for a package that USPS tracking still shows expected delivery Aug 9 but is only out for delivery today. I watched it sit in several locations for a couple days and even the local post office had it over a day. It arrived at the local post office Tuesday night but only sorted this morning and out for delivery today hopefully. It isn't even a box but shoulde be just an envelope as it's a Preon flashlight head.