1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Usual Suspects Network

Discussion in 'The Way Station' started by ToolFool, May 17, 2007.

ToolFool Empty Pockets

After some minor challenges, I finally got accepted into the Usual Suspects Network! Wow! What a forum! Between being on USN and EDCF I will probably never sleep again! :)

A lot of friendly "faces" over there too! Would love to here from any of you "crossover" forum members!
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared

Re: Finally got in to the USN

I think we are different kind of forums and I mean that in a good way for both than a bad. There are some people that have told me that we should be the same but that kills variety. Forums are different for good reason.

We do the unusual by having a list of of other forums up.

WhatMACHI Loaded Pockets

Finaly got in? I thought most forums were simply sign up. I have only come accross a few invite only forums, is this the case with USN?

Mark123 Empty Pockets

At first I thought you meant US Navy!
    Mr. Martines likes this.

dustinworx Banned

There are some really great people over there! A true Brotherhood kind of thing. Congratulations on joining! :highfive:

dustin

greenLED Empty Pockets

Not by invite, but you do need to verify your e-mail addy, and there are certain "public" email providers that are not accepted.

ToolFool Empty Pockets

Exactly the situation for me, greenLED!

Great sense of brotherhood there! Tons of fun, lots to see! But, as Jon put it....VERY different than edcf! (And that's what makes BOTH great places!)

mossyoak Loaded Pockets

they wont let me in ive tried three different time its becasue of my gmail email address.

dustinworx Banned

You need to add a email address that will work then, It's worth the effort! ;D

wraith Empty Pockets

Well I just registered but have still not got my email yet grr lol

Bravo 25 Empty Pockets

I am not sure that I should belong to a club that would have someone like me as a member. (W.C.Fields)

mchlwise Empty Pockets

:lolhammer:

The USN is definitely that kind of place.

mossyoak Loaded Pockets

i would but i dont have an ISP email address.

Phaeton Empty Pockets

Quote from: Bravo 25
    I am not sure that I should belong to a club that would have someone like me as a member. (W.C.Fields)

A great quote, but lets give credit to Groucho Marx.

W.C. fields had dozens of great ones also:

"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."

Mark

bullwinkle Loaded Pockets

still waiting on my registration. signed up a week or two ago. used an ISP email and everything...

sigh..

nicknwong Empty Pockets

I used mail.com and it worked perfectly!

mossyoak Loaded Pockets

ive been in for a month.

mgc Loaded Pockets

no offense intended to anyone but i joined usn a while back to see what the fuss was about. its fine and some of the chat is interesting but i am not sure i see the point of the hubbub or the restrictive access policy. probably just me

nicknwong Empty Pockets

I ve been there for a few months and although I'm more of a reader than writer I see why its so restrictive. There are lots of deals from knifemakers that are only available to USN'ers and the contests and giveaways are very charitable.

Bolster Loaded Pockets

The buzz made me curious too, and I signed up (with a legit email address) but was immediately blocked from entry. I sent a question regarding this, and was told:

"Since you didn't take our signup process seriously, we don't take you seriously. Thank you for supporting USN." I have no idea what that meant. Your first thought will be that I somehow messed up the application, but I don't think so, it was straight forward and nothing was confusing at all. I took it with all the seriousness it deserved.

I suspect the issue is, that there is one entry field that says something like, "In order to trade on the USN trading forum, supply your real name." I entered: "I do not wish to trade."

So, with the cryptic, smarta$$ response from USN, I decided not to pursue it. I'm a PROUD NON-MEMBER of the USN treehouse-club, and plan to stay that way.