1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Very Minimalist Carry

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by irnstad, Jun 1, 2010.

1. 2muchstuff

2muchstuff Empty Pockets

[​IMG][/IMG]

RFP
    • Smith and Wesson Homeland Security - Combo Blade
    • Keychain
    • Keys
    • Inova Torch
    • Utilikey
    • S-biner

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

LFP
    • SAK Money Clip Red Alox
    • SwissTech Tool
    • Kingston 4GB MicroSD USB
    • Cheap-O Carabiner

[​IMG][/IMG]

Not shown - Typical brown leather wallet, Reading glasses, nothing special, you all know what they look like. ;^p

DakotaWoodsman likes this.
  2. 325addict

325addict Empty Pockets

I don't EDC so much as you guys seem to do...

I have the intention to NOT feel the stuff I carry around constantly, AND the majority should be in the the front pant-pockets. That means, a SMALL bunch of keys in a nylon uhhh... how do you call it? Some kind of thing with Velcro in it, you can close it with the Velcro. This is in my right pocket.

In the other one: a small leather "wallet" sort of thing, with under one zipper my money, under the other a Fenix LD01 flashlight. Loose in this pocket there's a small Victorinox knife. It's the largest variant of the smallest (58mm?) knives they have. This one comes with a Phillips screwdriver, which is very good...

Cell phone? Not in my pants. Somewhere in my jacket - if I didn't just forget to take it with me. After 10 years, the cell phone STILL isn't in my "system" so to say. If I don't forget to take it with me to my work... I'll leave it there

As I have too many jackets to even count, it's no good to just leave the cell phone in the jacket I was wearing today. Tomorrow, I'll wear another, and I can keep on doing so for months, without even wearing ONE jacket twice in that period of time...
    I put at least one extra flashlight in the jacket of that day. This one may be a bit larger than the Fenix single AAA light. Sometimes, I am just so crazy to have a Surefire M6 in my backpack.

I quite often have a backpack with me. Every two or three days, when it's time to shop for food, I wear it. Then, when I'm going into the climbing hall, I have one. Sometimes, after a few days, I think: "Whow, WHY is that thing so heavy?" Then, I hold it upside down and... five flashlights come rolling out :)

Timmo.

3. oronocova

oronocova Loaded Pockets

Everyday at work I carry the following:

Left Front: Spare Car Keys & House Key with Whistle, Flash Drive
    Right Front: Wenger Journeyman, serrations removed (two plain blades) Car keys for what I am currently driving + Nichia GS fauxton
    Right Rear: Wallet, bare minimum in my wallet.
    Shirt Pocket: Pen
    Belt: Leatherman Blast and iTP Single Mode AAA all in same sheath. Cell phone.

4. recklesstryg

recklesstryg Loaded Pockets

I think I am minimalist, verging on Bat-belt territory.
    Coin Pocket:50 cent piece, Aluminum O ring, Hay Penny

Front Pockets:
    Left: Nothing
    Right: Multi-pen of some sort

Back Pockets:
    Left: Work Cell: Blackberry Storm
    Right: Wallet

Belt on Right Side: Emdom Admin Pouch Modified
    Inside: SOG PowerTool, Super Knife (utility Blade Knife), Moleskine Cashier, Personal Phone (iPhone)

5. concho

concho Loaded Pockets

leatherman wave w aaa led in elastic loops of pouch, $50 in slot inside pouch, p-38 in slot under the velcro tab, vial w Advil in other elastic loop on pouch
    cell
    Buck Stryder folder
    Gerber mini Fairbairn folder
    keys
    wallet
    pepper spray
    spare key ring
    pen
    lighter x2
    p-32 w spare mag

6. sesshin

sesshin Loaded Pockets

my minimal carry:

RFP - iphone / Slimmy wallet / knife
    LFP - keys (on P-7 clip w/Photon & Pico-C drive), Schrade pen
    nothing in back pockets

7. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

For very minimal carry I run with:

Wallet
    Cell Phone
    Keys (both key rings have a knife and a Photon light)

AAA Light (currently a Fenix LOD)
    Fisher Bullet Pen

8. bigmike81

bigmike81 Loaded Pockets

I always start off with a minimalist approach with my EDC but always ended carry ALOT more than what I started off with.

9. MrJD

MrJD Empty Pockets

I carry so much crap at work that i like my normal EDC to be light.

Maxpat Micro wallet
    A SAK of some sort/MT when on call etc
    Small torch
    Phone
    and Keys with smally SAK and Streamlight nanolight

10. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

I carry a Glock 23 in a HBE Leather Com III on my strong side, Keys in strong side pocket, wallet in strong side rear pocket, Badge/ID in weakside rear pocket. Benchmade clipped to front weakside pocket, in side same pocket is M&P 340 revo. Extra mag for G23 is in weakside rear next to Badge/ID. Blackberry Tour on my hip in a holster. Except for pocket knife, it is all invisible. A Streamlight Stylus pro rides beside my wallet. I wear a suit and tie everyday, and t-shirts and shorts or jeans off work. Very stealth.

11. GRH

GRH Loaded Pockets

I carry very little day to day, just a knife/MT (from the collection), a pen (from the collection) and my IPod tough (before I dropped it in the water, grumble, grumble). Lately I've added a Zippo (I don't smoke, but I love the orange colour) and a Turtle Light attached to the knife when possible. That's it.

12. sino2

sino2 Loaded Pockets

wallet with bandaids, keys with mini-usbstick, smartphone, bantam alox, cheap fauton LED, Vic scribe, dolormin

13. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

14. Roobiks

Roobiks Empty Pockets

My EDC is (99% of the time) very minimalist.

FL- Keys with bottle opener + 'biner, Helios lighter, Benchmade folder.
    FR- iPhone (+earphones when using public transport that day)
    RL- Smokes (PS Classics, 25s)
    RR- Wallet.

Edit- Didn't realise it was my first post! Been a long time reader of the forum, G'day from Australia everyone!

15. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

on my person (pockets,or on my belt)
    watch
    wallet
    coin purse
    bullet pen
    Fenix L1D
    keys(keys,fauxton light,whistle)
    cell phone
    Farmer SAK
    Boker Trance
    handkerchief
    pistol(SIG 239 or Keltec P32)
    belt
    I have a LOT more EDC "stuff" but it lives in my bag. I don't carry the bag around, it's in a safe place at work or home, or locked in the car.

MartialArtist likes this.
  16. Tango 191

Tango 191 Loaded Pockets

LF -Blackberry, keys, Pills
    FR -Benchmade Mini Grip, Surefire E1B, Zippo Lighter, Car Key
    RL- either cig;s (i've been quitting)for something that i have been using alot that day, so i don't have to go digging in my pockets for it
    RR -Wallet

17. deltan

deltan Empty Pockets

A lot of times you find yourself in situations where you cant take a bag into someplace with you. I carry what I think I'll need and still not overload my pockets. Eavrything you see here fits in my wallet with the exception of the Skeletool.
    Included are:
    Lockpick set(I hate getting locked out)
    Wallet lighter
    8Gb micro card/USB adapter/Cell adapter/photo addapter cards.
    Wallet tool(Good for opening doors)
    Pen insert
    Variouse cards
    -----------------------
    Skeletool.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

18. chrisemt
    • The Omnia Paratus

chrisemt Loaded Pockets

Being "noticed" is actually pretty difficult in American culture. Typically, Americans need their personal space. We also have a "mind your own buisness" attitude. You have more of a chance of being noticed as a CCW holder or "EDCer" by others like you. I find myself looking for the print of a gun when I see someone who doesn't look like .mil/LEO/public safety wearing 5.11's and the like. "Shoot me first" vests are another giveaway. In my mind I think "Cool, a potential partner when the **** goes down." Hopefully I'm right. I see a MaxP bag on John Q. Public I think he probably spent half his paycheck on the gadgets concealed inside. I carry a MaxP Devildog at times and expext odd looks from other gear quears such as myself. When I do low pro, it's an old Performance messenger bag that doesn't get a second look by other city dwellers carrying Timbuk 2 messengers. I usually roll gray man and minimal. Glock 23 concealed at 7 o'clock, CRKT M16 back right pocket, wallet, phone, SF E2E and a Gerber Clutch.Extra mag and a 550 bracelet and G-shock . That's it. Most people focus on the 550 bracelet and think "Whoa, that guy must be Special Forces." Lucky for us most of America are sheep and iggnorance is bliss. At least the sheep dogs know another sheep dog when they see them, or at least when they see their overloaded Fatboy S or Remora.

-Chris

19. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

I'm not trying to flame you (being honest), but Unless you act/look Leo/Mil without the gear I'd tend to say wannabe or a hunter... I've known some LEO's that look like any other peppy soccer mom off duty, but are criminal chasing 5-10yr vets of the local PD. It's the small things like clothing with Leo/Mil department logos, & certain speaking mannerism that give it away. There are lots of other ways to tell if someones Leo/Mil, but I'll save that for another time.

20. tylerdurden

tylerdurden Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

Fenix PD20
    SAK Pioneer Black Alox
    CrankBros Bike Tool
    Android G1