1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Walther Multitac - Opinions?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by SurivStud, Jan 7, 2017.

1. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

Hello everyone,
    I was trying to find a good gift for my brother when I got to see this tool, which I never had in hand before, and I bought it.

The good size blade is 12C27 Sandvik Steel, liner lock. The grip: polymer with rubber coating. [​IMG]

Even though it's designed to privilege the knife blade, It has pliers and several other tools (can opener, bottle opener, magnetic bit holder and 9 bits, glass breaker). The plier once opened might not be as comfortable as a LM, nevertheless, all the tools seem to be trustable for light / medium jobs.

I am leaving you some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am a Surge fan and I use it most of the time. I am looking for another LM to replace at least one of the two that were stolen from me (TTi & Juice CS4), so I am a LM user but I must confess, I feel tempted to keep this Walther Multitac to myself and find another gift for my brother! :)

I will most likely give it to him so just to be sure it is a good give away, please allow me to ask: Has anyone here owned this multitool for while and used it enough as to have a proved appreciation of its quality?

Please feel free to comment on this tool whether you own it or not. I'll be more than glad to read your observations.

Thanks.

2. mdnitedrftr

mdnitedrftr Empty Pockets

I kinda like it! Do you have any pics of how fat it is? Similar width to a LM?

3. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

I don't have any more pics right know but I will take them and post them as soon as I can. I'll compare it against my Surge.

4. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

Here are the pics, compared against Surge:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Walther Multitac is scarcely wider than LM Surge by perhaps 2 millimeters, it's grip is a little bit curved and the surfaces are rounded so IMO it's quite comfortable. The length: Both tools are pretty much about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 SurivStud, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    mdnitedrftr, Ken Watson and Water-Rat like this.