1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Water-Jel Burn Dressings - Storage in vehicle

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by Birkkjaer, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Birkkjaer

Birkkjaer Empty Pockets

I am in the process of putting together a first aid / trauma kit for my vehicle and in this kit i want to include some sort of burn dressing since there aren’t space for my normal burn treatment (1-2 500ml. bags of saline and a sprayer).

I live in Denmark and the climate here is very varying with hot weather in the summer and freezing temperatures in the winter.

I want to be able to store this kit in my vehicle and forget about it until the day I might need it. My question is therefore, how well does these Water-Jel dressings store in a vehicle in cold (freezing) and hot weather? And do they burst and start to leak when the freeze?

2. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

Canadian from northern Alberta here. I haven't had them burst or leak yet, but they do freeze and become pretty much unusable until they thaw out. I personally just take them out of the truck until spring. Kinda pointless having something unusable in there, especially since Water-Jel is more of an after-care pain relief item rather than a trauma intervention one.

Birkkjaer likes this.
  3. Birkkjaer

Birkkjaer Empty Pockets

Thanks for answer. I think I'm not going to include them then, I don't want something in the kit I really only can use about half the year.

Outbound likes this.
  4. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Water-Jel freezes at -15 degrees Celsius and can be tawed at room temperature and used without problem. it can be stored at up to 54 degrees, so you should have no problem with water-jel in Denmark regardless of season
    http://www.waterjel.com/why-water-jel/faq#freeze

Swe_Nurse and Birkkjaer like this.