1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

Wenger Shoes: Ever Wear 'em?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by hunter s gatherer, Feb 23, 2013.

• In Omnia Paratus

hunter s gatherer EDC Junkie!!!

I was cruising the outlets awhile back trying to find a new approach style shoe. Cruising Rack Room Shoes I spied some Wengers. Dang they looked good, but they only had 8's. So, not finding my size to try has led to a long cooling off period instead of immediate footisfaction.
    Anyone wear these pups?
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I found some in my local sams club a few months back and bought a pair. Don't recall the style name of what I got, but they were black and grey, kind of a hiking/cross trainer combo. Very comfortable for everyday use, but I wouldn't recommend them for heavy duty use, don't feel like they offer a lot of support. Overall I like them a lot, and I only paid around $25 for them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

I have a pair of Wenger boots and a pair of shoes. I like one but the other not so much. Wenger licenses their name for these so don't look for "Made in Switzerland" on the label.

The Wenger Compass shoes are very nice. They're comfortable and the tread is a grippy Vibram.

[IMG]

I wasn't a huge fan of the Wenger Jackson hiking boots. They felt stiff, cramped and generally of lower quality than the Compass shoes.

[IMG]
    • In Omnia Paratus

• In Omnia Paratus

Powerring, Thanks for getting back! It was a low cut I saw. Not sure now if it was the Compass. You know outlets, usually not the latest stuff.
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

No problem. I actually bought both of them through Sierra Trading Post which is basically an outlet too. I've had pretty good luck with most of the Wenger/Swissgear branded stuff. I have a couple of the backpacks too which are nicely designed and constructed.