1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

What are you listening to right now? Vol. 2

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Valerian, Sep 5, 2012.

DBR Loaded Pockets

KeyeEl and billybag like this.

chmsam Loaded Pockets

That's the title of what is known as "Bonzo Goes To Bitburg."

Johnny was a serious conservative-type (and Joey & Dee Dee were not) and the strong hero worship thing was going on about Reagan so they found a sorta middle ground on the title (it's actually "My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes To Bitburg)"). One version was supposedly released as "Bonzo Goes To Bitburg" and then renamed but I've always seen it on recordings as "My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down" with the Bonzo title in parantheses and don't think I've ever seen one just with the Bonzo title on the recording.

The song isn't just about Reagan going to Germany. It's more about him going to a cemetary in Bitburg which has a large number of graves of Waffen-SS soldiers. Reagan supposedly only went to keep Kohl from losing face but the whole thing left a pretty nasty taste in the mouths of a great many people and so the song is a protest about the visit and callous foreign policy.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

KeyeEl Loaded Pockets

Guster - Satellite

bearish24 Loaded Pockets

Taio Cruz - Break your heart
    SurvivePenna likes this.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

The first Graves cd 'Punk Rock is Dead' I think isn't THAT amazing, but the others are excellent.

I saw the Misfits live a few years ago, but not been keen since Project 1950's really.
    I also like Danzig (albums 1-4). His voice hasn't been so good since Blackacidevil.

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

Listening to Three Days Grace's new album: 'The Transit of Venus'. When I first saw the cover art-work I nearly freaked out and thought 'Oh no, not another solid rock band that turns pop!' But I like it so far :D

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

Oh, totally forgot about Danzig..... 'It's just a dirty black summer, Oh whoa whoa ho, a black summer-time, Oh whoa whoa!' :censored:, where's my iPod... :frantic:
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

Does anybody remember this one ???

It's Visage - Fade To Grey ...circa 1980.

(The video is cool but it's not the original.)
    ran23 likes this.

spanky77 Loaded Pockets

rihanna on snl right now. whatup with her hairs? haha

jnsn Loaded Pockets

soo.... wife and i were in the garage drinking. i turned on the cd player in my truck so she could hear how good it sounds (foster the people - helena beat) and i heard a big boom while standing outside the truck.. i thought my amp or something blew, or my neighbor kicked the wall in her house 'cause my music was too loud lol...

..wrong..

... i heard a house(es) exploding ~5 or so miles away.. big breaking news on all local channels right now. i also had the scanner going and its chaos sounds like. the mayor is even on the scene.. crazy. we can smell the fire at my house right now.
    Fukurai, SAKplumber and tomsk like this.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I've been waiting 5 minutes for iTunes to boot on my Mac......so I can't listen to ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

I'd switched to 'Songbird' but it's not compatible with iOS devices!!!!!!
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

Fun Lovin' Criminals

King Of New York
    tomsk likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

tomsk Loaded Pockets

got gun n roses greatest hits in the cd player at the moment with motorhead motorizer waiting to go
    • In Omnia Paratus

will m Loaded Pockets

Been listening to Wilco all morning. Right now 'Jesus etc.' is playing.
    GrayMouser likes this.

GrayMouser EDC Junkie!!!!!

Gary Jules - Mad World from Donnie Darko

billybag likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Black Helmet Loaded Pockets

Sublime with Rome

thePlumbah Meowderator

misterS likes this.

jnsn Loaded Pockets

http://www.wthr.com/story/20064503/homes-flattened-in-south-indianapolis-explosion
    SAKplumber likes this.

thePlumbah Meowderator

mud80 likes this.