1. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

what are you reading?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Froley, Jun 18, 2011.

Froley Loaded Pockets

I always carry a paperback in my bag---
    currently reading: Survive anywhere Safely by John "Lofty" Wiseman...the new revised, BDU sized pocket edition....
    I met Mr. Wiseman once--- a real gentleman.
    scbubba and Wolfhound0023 like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin, by Erik Larson. It is the true story of William Dodd, US Ambassador to Germany, and his family during the early days of the Third Reich.
    Anson likes this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

able_man Loaded Pockets

This is the next book on my list. His Devil in the White City is great.
    WsRub04 and Anson like this.
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

Yeah, Devil in the White City is really good. I am only 90 pages into the new one, but so far liking it.
    Anson likes this.

soli Loaded Pockets

Was thinking about starting a similar thread the other day :)

I'm currently about a quarter way through American Psycho. It's still building up to the main action but it's interesting to see the little snaps in his psyche so far. Onwards and upwards!
    SeattleSparky likes this.

simmerdownjack Loaded Pockets

The friends of Eddie Coyle. Needless to say, he doesn't have many friends...

bpa Loaded Pockets

Just finished "The Trouble with Tom" by Michael Collins. It's an entertaining story about the transatlantic odyssey of Tom Paine's remains, and the cast of characters who were part of the journey. It's written in a conversational style, and now has me reading biographies of several of the participants.
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rpuppet Loaded Pockets

That book has some disturbing moments. All of Ellis's novels are a little twisted, but that one in particular really pushes you out of your comfort zone. Like most books it is much better than the movie.
    bandeeMC likes this.

iacchus Loaded Pockets

Just started American History Revised by Seymour Morris. Also reading the latest in the Nightside Series by Simon R. Green. Everything will get put down when Butcher finally releases the next Dresden novel though.

I spent so many years reading ultra heavy academic works, I do so enjoy my popcorn novels these days.
    BarksAtCats likes this.

DrChimRichalds Loaded Pockets

Just came home from an annual camping trip and I finished Jonathan Tropper's How to Talk to a Widower in under three days. He's one of my favorite authors now that my girlfriend has gotten me into his books.

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

At the Earth's Core, by Edgar Rice Burroughs. An e-book from Manybooks.net (or Project Gutenberg).

Free download. A classic.
    WsRub04 likes this.

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

Just finished "To Reign In Hell" by Steven Brust. Awesome book. I am going to read "What Uncle Sam Really Wants" by Noam Chomsky next, it was reccommended to me by a friend.
    SWSon likes this.
  1. About half through with Cody Lundins When All Hell Breaks Loose
    To be honest, Im tired of it. SInce starting school I've not had much time to read, and so its taking so much longer to finish and Im ready to start my next book
    I like the book so far, dont get me wrong, just sick of being on this book
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

I know what you mean. Sometimes I read two or three books at a time just to switch it up.
    WsRub04, SWSon and DBR like this.

soli Loaded Pockets

Sounds like you are similar to me and will refuse to stop reading a book once you've started no matter how trying it may be :)

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I have done similar things, I started a book only to read a few pages and put it down then several months later pick it up a start reading till finished. I hate to not finish reading a book. Right now I'm not reading anything at the time, but do have several books waiting for a first time read.

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

I am glad that I am not the only one who does that.
    WsRub04 and DBR like this.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I am tearing through various Warhammer 40K novels recently. Currently on 'The Ultramarines Omnibus' by Graham Mcneill. Excellent stuff. I'll be back to the Dan Abnett Gaunts Ghosts series after finishing.

SALT Loaded Pockets

The Primal Blueprint

cj797 Loaded Pockets

I'm about 1/2 way thru Decision Points by George Bush..... Ehhh the jury is still out. It jumps around quite a bit rather than in a timeline type of order.
    Xiii likes this.